Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Rendering section views from Navisworks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Andrew.Perez
1429 Views, 9 Replies

Cloud Rendering section views from Navisworks

I like the quality/results of cloud rendering from Navisworks. Easy with great results, but the cloud rendering ignores views with "enabled sections" and the resulting rendering is not "sectioned". The view renders in desktop rendering mode, but the results/quality are quite different. Is it possible to render Navisworks Section views in the cloud? The workaround I've used is to export section views from Revit, but that means I have to export several nwc files from revit. Any advice/answer is appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Andrew,

Thanks for using cloud rendering. Navisworks have a limitation to export the information of the sectionbox to cloud rendering, so the section box can not be supported on cloud rendering. 

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 3 of 10
max
Explorer
in reply to: SallyDong2005

Dear Sandy / Autodesk

Wanna know if there is any updates on the above issue since 2015?

Thank you so much.

BR

Max

Message 4 of 10
SallyDong2005
in reply to: max

Hi @max,

I just tried the Navisworks 2017, it still not supports the section box. This need Navisworks team to update their translator. 

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 5 of 10
max
Explorer
in reply to: SallyDong2005

Thanks Sally.

Hope this issue can be fixed since the quality in cloud rendering is really good. It's sad if it cannot do in sectional views.

BR

Max

Message 6 of 10
mrukhsar
in reply to: max

Guys,

I am also trying to render a section view using Navisworks 2018 version, seems this has still not been fixed,

Can anyone suggest any tips and trick.

You quick support will be highly appreciated.

Thanks 

Mohammad Rukhsar

+xxx-xxxxxxxx

@max wrote:

Thanks Sally.

Hope this issue can be fixed since the quality in cloud rendering is really good. It's sad if it cannot do in sectional views.

BR

Max

Message 7 of 10

Hi, in 2020 this still has not been fixed...

Message 8 of 10

sad

Message 9 of 10

Still same issues while creating sectional cloud renderings in 2020 as well.

Message 10 of 10
AmirAgah
in reply to: Andrew.Perez

A workaround that takes quite some time if you have a lot of objects in the model is to manually hide all the objects that cover the surface you want to put the section. Not ideal but could work in some cases.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report