Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All renderings are meshed up

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
steini
617 Views, 16 Replies

All renderings are meshed up

All my renderings look like I'm at the speed of light, travelling through outer space (see attachment).

What's happening?

Steini

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
anavaidya
in reply to: steini

Hi Steini,

It's your camera. Are you rendering from Revit? It's possible that your camera is inside a window/wall or another object. Or there might be something in front of it. Orbit or move it and render again.
Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 3 of 17
steini
in reply to: anavaidya

Hi Anavaidya and thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately it's not the case. I've tried to re-position the camera, rename it, uncheck the Far Clip Active parameter, change the Far Clip Offset and create a new camera and nothing works correctly, Iv'e also tried different render quality settings and outputs with no good... Actually when I un-checked the Far Clip Active parameter my view got rendered but with wrong view direction (my perspective view got rendered from the the top down and most of the model elements where all black. When I create the new camera I got the same "speedoflighttravellingthroughouterspace" result. I'm totally lost. Can this be related to my OS (Windows 10) or my browser settings?

I also tried to cloud render a view from a another project with the same results.

Regards

Steini

Message 4 of 17
anavaidya

Hi Steini,
Open the Revit sample file and try rendering it. Let me know if it works. Also, you don't have to render large size images. Just render 1 megapixel, standard quality.

You can send us your Revit file here- support.autodesk360.rendering@autodesk.com, if you want us to debug further.
Aradhana Vaidya
Message 5 of 17
steini

Hi Anavaidya

Same thing happens with the Revit Basic Sample File, I rendered an existing perspective view and I created a new Camera View and this is what I got (see attachment).

Steini

Message 6 of 17
anavaidya

This is really odd. We'll take a look into this and let you know.
Aradhana Vaidya
Message 7 of 17
steini

Great, thanks 😉
Message 8 of 17
steini

Hi Aradhana

Have you figured out what is causing this issue? My renderings are still meshed up.

Steini.

Message 9 of 17
SallyDong2005

Hello @steini,

Is this problem just happen on your machine? Have you tried any other machine? I checked it and it seems like there is something wrong with your Revit translator. Could you send me your latest journal file to let me(support.autodesk360.rendering@autodesk.com) check it? You could find it here: C:\Users\your computer name \AppData\Local\Autodesk\your Revit product name\Journals.

Besides, have you upgrade your Revit or your OS recently? Your rendering works good before 10/17/2016, and the later rendering are all wrong, seems something changed on your machine.

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 10 of 17
steini
in reply to: SallyDong2005

Hi Sally

I tried it on another computer and it worked on that machine.

I reinstalled Revit 8 days ago but this occurred long before that.

I have sent you the latest Journal file.

I hope you can figure this out for me 😉

Regards

Steini

Message 11 of 17
SallyDong2005

Hi @steini,

I forward your journal file to Revit team to check it, but from my experience, this issue is caused by your environment change, I would like to suggest you to re-install your Revit to check whether this issue could be resolved from your side.

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 12 of 17
steini

Hi Sally

Now I have made a clean install of every Autodesk software on my computer but nothing has changed.

Kveðja/Regards:
Steini

[1470177909843_E-mail]
Þorsteinn Aðalbjörnsson
Byggingafræðingur BFÍ. | Constructing Architect B.Sc.
Sími/Tel: +354 860 9406 | E-mail: steini@artstone.is
Message 13 of 17
SallyDong2005

Hi @steini,

I am sorry to hear that your Revit still cannot work. Revit team is involved to investigate the problem, I will update you once they have clue.

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 14 of 17
SallyDong2005

Hello @steini,

Revit team checked this problem, and the problem seems caused by the environment setting changes. Did you change your computer’s language in October? Please try to set the environment and language to see if it can render?

how to set the language:

1. Please go to “Control Panel -->  Clock, Language and Region --> Region and Language ”, there are Formats, Location tabs. Please try to set it as English (United States).

2.“Control Panel --> Clock, Language and Region --> Region and Language--> Formats --> Additional settings, then you can see “Customize Format” and there is one tab about numbers. Please make sure the Decimal symbol is “.” And the Positive number is 789.00

1.jpg3.png

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 15 of 17
steini

Nope, did not work.

Kveðja/Regards:
Steini

[1470177909843_E-mail]
Þorsteinn Aðalbjörnsson
Byggingafræðingur BFÍ. | Constructing Architect B.Sc.
Sími/Tel: +354 854 0044 | E-mail: steini@artstone.is
Message 16 of 17
steini
in reply to: SallyDong2005

Sorry, It did work, Thanks alot 🙂

Will I be able to change the Language and Region settings back to Icelandic?

And another thing, It seems like I don‘t have any cloud credits on my account when I try to render.

Steini

Message 17 of 17
SallyDong2005

Hi @steini,

About the credits issue, is it still reproduce? I checked your rendering job, they are in subscription queue as expected, no issue found from our side.

Thanks,
Sally Dong

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report