Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 Pano to facebook 360

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
atsiddiqui
1733 Views, 6 Replies

A360 Pano to facebook 360

Hello,

Have been working on a Arch (Revit) project for a client. Was planning on sharing the A360 cloud rendered Pano on Facebook for my followers to see the work we do. Facebook picks any panoramic pic and converts it to a 360 viewable file automatically. Is there a way we can share the rendered pano on facebook ? I downloaded the files in a zipped folder and tried uploading the wide image to facebook but for some reason it isn't picking up the Pano. Has anyone successfully shared their work on facebook ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ereznok
in reply to: atsiddiqui

Did you ever get this to work?

Message 3 of 7
PBakhsheshi_CD
in reply to: atsiddiqui

I don't believe there is direct way to do that. Facebook has several templates but the way A360 stitches the Panos is not one of them. (At least at this time)

There are 2 steps.

1. Download your panorama from A360 and convert it to Equirectangular format (or other formats). I use Pano2VR for converting images, if you find a free version let me know!  Also Check this facebook page for more info

2. Add metadata to your converted image. Basically open the correct fb template in photoshop from here, copy your image in there and save as jpg. That's how Facebook understand you are uploading a panoramic image.

Message 4 of 7

Hi

I try to transform the vertical strip into panoramic format but when i upload the image to facebook it doesnt work as a perfect 360.

Do you have an example ?

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

If the vertical strip is already converted to Equirectangular format, then all you have to do is open the facebook template in photoshop (see my previous message) and save your image over the placeholder. You won't see any changes in your image, the template only adds metadata to it so when uploaded, facebook recognizes it as a 360 panorama.

Message 6 of 7

I found another solution

I prepare a video tutorial about that, it have subtitles in english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvticMo_cJU

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Hey thats great. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report