Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly upload should not require choosing a folder

Assembly upload should not require choosing a folder

Uploading Revit Assemblies is still a bit cumbersome. The only option is to choose a folder, and of course all our RVTs reside in folders along with their respective backup folders. So A360 finds all the files within the backup folders and identifies them as part of the assembly. There are ways to work around this, but nothing easy. One possible solution would be to allow users to choose files rather than being forced to choose a folder first.

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

One other possible solution would be to allow for users to create assemblies from files that have already been uploaded to 360 instead of having to upload files as assemblies. This would be preferred for us as we often have different offices and/or firms working on multiple disciplines. Having the ability to assemble the models in the cloud would be much more efficient than downloading the trade files and then re-uploading as an assembly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would also be a great option. Sometimes I just want the latest models to be linked. Other times I want to control which links are used, for example when I upload a formal issuance then I want my sheets to reflect a coordinated design with other disciplines. Those discipline model would have been "frozen" a few days earlier in preparation for the issuance. 

Both of these options could be handled by simply creating different folders. Once for the latest design, and another for the issuance.

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for posting this to the Idea board, we really appreciate you taking time out to do this. We will change this to "Under Review". Others will also be able to add comments and vote for this to see if it's something that others are interested in.

Thanks again for posting this to the Idea board.

YZhuang_Spectech
Advocate

Ya, this is definitely a downside of C4R.

We currently keep all of our models and revit links within their own project folder on BIM 360 Team's server. This way, anyone who opens the project will have all the revit links loaded as the links are also in the cloud.

It becomes extremely cumbersome to have to download all the files, relink, then assemble them back into BIM 360 Team just to get my revit links to show during meetings. The ability to just click on the parent revit file, and it know where the links are would be huge. It would allow me to just keep 1 working document rather than having to download and reupload each time I want to use the 360 Viewer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report