Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a360 vs a360 drive

a360 vs a360 drive

• A360 drive should integrate with a360. I want to share some things, but not invite users to the project, I need a few options:
    • 1) share the whole folder from A360. or
    • 2) copy the folder from A360 to A360 drive and share. 
  • If you're going to show me A360 projects from A360 drive, then give me the abiity to copy/move folders/documents. and vice versa. 
  • I get emails (as the admin) when requests come in to inite other member to the project. That link takes me to the old ui.

a few we've mentioned before that are critical but not resolved: 

• project
  • need the ability to link content from a cloud based solution
  • link cad files from a360
  • shared coordinates
  • extract comments from viewer
  • overlay comments from old version to new version. i dont want my comment link to take me back to v30, if we're at v80. we publish every day. 
  • manage users - i need to verify certain users do not have access to confidential projects. curently i'm going through various projects and 70 user names line by line....not efficient. 

that's it for now! 

1 Comment
millerml_USC
Participant
Autodesk should already recognize this fact. A360 and A360 drive should be two views of the same projects and files, with Glue incorporated. Besides the functionality of Revit and the waning but still prevalent use of AutoCAD, there is not much use for A360/A360 Drive unless it becomes a platform to develop project Revit files. A cloud location to begin the development of project Revit files until those same files become project Revit records would give A360 a function in AEC. By having the Glue function in a single A360 working environment the Revit files could be linked to relevant DWG files. For major projects a number of cloud folder solutions exist but lack quality Revit integration and the ability to link both construction document and fabrication models into the Revit design and construction documents models, for weekly progress viewing. Lately, the amount of Navisworks managed project that are moving to arbitration and litigation solely based on this lack true coordination and file version control is staggering.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report