Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which hosted service provider and where?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Chad-Smith
250 Views, 3 Replies

Which hosted service provider and where?

Can an Autodesk staff tell me which company is used for the hosted service, and which country it is located in?

I basically want to know if there are server instances in the Australia / New Zealand region?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Chad-Smith

There are a lot of different sub-services you interact with on A360, and the operation of those sub-services can happen across different cloud infrastructure. So, there really isn't a single answer to your question.

That said, the majority of the services today are operated out of the United States. In some cases edge caching through our CDNs brings the data or upload point closer to you, but the core services themselve are across the pond from you.

As time progresses, I'd expect to see global expansion of the sub-services in the name of good performance. Once we have a good experience, we'll likely look at the significantly more complex problem of Data Sovereignty.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Chad-Smith
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Thanks Kyle.

I have a couple of customers in ANZ looking at A360 Team now, but it will be a no-go if their project data touches servers in the US specifically. This is more a government requirement, but more customers are generally making this their policy regardless.

This is becoming increasingly the norm over here, and will stiffle A360 adoption unless it can be stated that the data is stored and processed at a more local point.

Message 4 of 4
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Chad-Smith

@Brausmith wrote:

Thanks Kyle.

I have a couple of customers in ANZ looking at A360 Team now, but it will be a no-go if their project data touches servers in the US specifically. This is more a government requirement, but more customers are generally making this their policy regardless.

This is becoming increasingly the norm over here, and will stiffle A360 adoption unless it can be stated that the data is stored and processed at a more local point.

Then the service is a "no-go" in it's current state, unfortunately.  As I mentioned in my last post, our initial push is to deliver great performance no matter where you are in the globe.  That requires an evoluition of our current architectuire that we are working on right now.

The much, much larger investment is to address data sovereignty per the numerous - and not consistent - government regulations that are emerging in different countries.  We have many servivces working together to not just store project data, but to translate for web/mobile, analyze, index for search, replicate for distaster recovery, facilitate collaboration, etc.  Having all of that working independently in regions/countries, while adhering to the different mechanics per local regulations, is non-trivial.

Of course we know we must address the underlying market need here over time, but I want to be clear abouit what's really required, and how we plan to get there incrementally.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report