Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing DWF with Design View Represntations

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
petestrycharske
626 Views, 7 Replies

Viewing DWF with Design View Represntations

All,

I am relatively new to A360 and am curious about some of the capabilities.  I see that I can upload DWF's of Inventor Assemblies and view the browser to see the components, but I don't see a way to view the models with the published Design View reps.  Is there a way to view DWF's while utilize the Design View Representations?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Pete,

Sorry for the long delay in a reply here, I did not see this in our forum. Feel free to post a reply to any message that you are not getting a response from. We try to answer all posts.

You can also upload Inventor assemblies as well, you just want to be sure to use Pack and Go to make sure all the references resolve to a single location. Then upload them as an assembly. Pick the parent file and wait for it to finish what we call translation. Then you are able to view the file.

Can you let me know more about what you mean by "Design View Representations?" Then I can try and answer that part of your question as well.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing back from you.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 8

Bud,

Just to make sure I am understanding, if I do Pack and Go of the assembly to resolve all the links to one location, do I just upload the assembly file?  Do I have to upload a zipped folder or something as well?  I'll give it a try either way, but would like some additional guidance.  Thanks for your patience with this question and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 8

Hi Pete

Yes, as long as all the dependencies can resolv, we will load the file.

Hope this helps.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 8

Bud,

I'm sorry, but I just can't seem to get the assembly to work out.  I have tried to pack and go to my A360 sync folder and to a regular location, but it just doesn't seem to work.  I keep getting an error message saying that the assembly file itself is missing, which is strange since I am trying to view the uploaded assembly file...  Do you have a screencast or something of how this is supposed to work?  Can I send you the pack and go and see if you can post it?  Please let me know and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 6 of 8

Hi Pete,

You are uploading to A360, not A360 Drive, right? Also did you select Assembly as the upload, and the parent drawing file? If not, this will not work. Can you share a screen shot with me of what you are seeing and maybe a screencast as well that shows what you are seeing.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/screencast/overview

And yes, you can send me the pack and go zip file as well. Upload it to A360 and then create a public share of that file. Then eMAIL me that file so that I can try it as well. eMAIL directly to my first name . last name @ autodesk.com, just swap out first.last with my actual first and last name.

Thanks and let me know how this goes.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 7 of 8

Bud,

I was using A360 Drive and that seems to have been the problem.  I went back to the A360 Home and created a new project.  That seems to have gotten my assembly uploaded.  However, it doesn't appear that there are design views in A360...

In Inventor I can utilize the Design Views to quickly turn whole groups of components.  See Below:

Default View.png

Here is the "Default" Design View Rep, which shows the Bookcases

No Bookcases View.png

This "No Bookshelves" Design View Rep turns off the visibility of the bookcases

I haven't seen the equivalent behavior in the A360 viewer, but would be ecstatic if I am wrong.  Please let me know if this helps clarify the request and send any questions my way.  Hope this helps and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 8 of 8

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the update, I had a feeling that you were uploading to Drive.   Can you post to our IdeaStation that you would like to see these views work in the future.  We use the IdeaStation to capture ideas on new features as well as updates on existing features.  Once it's posted, we will open it up to comments and kudos. That way we get a good idea of how popular the idea is and what people are looking for.

A360 IdeaStation:

Thanks for the udpates and for posting to our IdeaStation.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report