Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.rvt files not working !

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1071 Views, 7 Replies

.rvt files not working !

i have uploaded some .rvt files in the hope of using my ipad to view my project, but all the files wont open and say that the preview for this file is not supported. ant help ?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BrettWright
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Anthony, 

Sorry for the issue you're having, couple of questions for you as well a suggestion to try.

.RVT files are definitely supported, so my first suggestion would be to try and reload them again and see if that makes any difference the 2nd time.

2nd thing would be to clarify, are you not able too see them in your desktop app, or just from the ipad app, or both?

If the reload doesn't work, my next question would be if it's all of the .rvt files that you're having the issue with, or just one in particular? Also, how long had it been since you'd uploaded them? if these files are larger, there is some time involved until they fully translate, so if it's just been a few minutes or so, it might take a bit longer for them to become viewable.

Let me know if you're still having trouble after you try and reload them, or if you have other questions.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

The files I originally uploaded still don't work, but the new versions I uploaded do, I get the 3d model but none of the layer options I have show up in the grayed out version of the model . I can get the 3d visual when I press the homescreen, otherwise it doesn't work

Sent from my iPad
Message 4 of 8
BrettWright
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Anthony, 

Yes, that does seem odd that some of your files work, and the others don't.

Can you please send me one or two of the files that are providing the trouble, so that I can try from my end at my email, first.last@autodesk.com (brett.wright), along with a few screenshots of what you're seeing on your end as well?

Lastly, can you verify for me which version of A360 you're using? A360 Team, (autodesk360.com) or A360 Drive (360.autodesk.com)?

Thanks, we'll get it figured out.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 8
jbayne

I am curious as to why this is marked as solved? I am having the same issues and I have been having them for some time. I have never been able to view any .rvt file since I began testing this. I can view DWFX files but that does not help with trying to sell this tech to my management. Also could we please get some names that are even more similar because having A360 , A360 Drive and A360 Team just isn't confusing enough.
Message 6 of 8
BrettWright
in reply to: jbayne

Hi James,

Sorry for the troubles you're having with A360.

Lets see if we can break this down a bit to see what kind of issues you're having.

1. You stated that you've never been able to view a .rvt file from your ipad, is that correct?

• Can you tell us if you're using A360 Drive (360.autodesk.com) or A360 Team (autodesk360.com) to upload your .rvt files to?
  • Is it all .rvt files, or just one in particular?
  • Have you tried other file formats (other than dwfx) and have you had issues with them too?
  • Can you let us know what generation ipad you're using (with which os), as well can you double check to see if you're using the most current App? (v2.0.6733)
  • Would you want to share with me a couple of your problem files so that I can try to load them on my end to see if i can see them in my ipad? Just send them direct to me at first.last@autodesk.com (brett.wright)

Definitely want to get you up and running,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 7 of 8
jbayne

Thank you for the quick response. 1. It is not an ipad. It is android tablet and I have app on android phone. I also go to the A360 website from work computer. All of these devices will show the dwfx. None of them will show rvt files

a, is have tried both A360 and A360Drive. In A360 Drive it gives me a response 'Sorry the preview for this file isn’t supported'. In A360 it crashes the tablet and phone. On computer i get the screen shot and 0% never changes

b, I have tried projects and files that I have uploaded a couple of months ago and I tried one that I uploaded today. Same results

c, No other file formats

d, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on phone and tablet

e, I have no problem sharing files do you want native rvt files?

Message 8 of 8
BrettWright
in reply to: jbayne

Hi James, 

• Native .rvt files are fine to send me so please do so to the email i posted prior. Whichever ones you're had trouble with, even other than .rvt files are fine to send.
  • Can you tell me what tablet and phone you have so that i can make sure there aren't any issues with them specifically? (assuming not, but best to be sure)
  • you mention using desktop from your work computer, and still having issues, makes me wonder if you're using IE, which we know doesn't support Web GL (impacts 3d files), you should be using either Chrome or Firefox as the recommended browsers.
  • You state no other file formats below, did you mean that other file formats work fine, or that all file formats act the same?
  • Here is what i think might be going on, so maybe you could test this for me.
  • Tell me if i'm off base here.
  • You're uploading your files from your computer to your A360 Drive hub (360.autodesk.com)
  • Then, whether you use Drive (360.autodesk.com) or Team (autodesk360.com) you're still viewing your files from the A360 Drive folder which uses a different viewer then A360 Team does. (and it would impact the mobile apps as well, if you're trying to view your files through the A360 Drive Folder)
  • What i'd like you to try is to copy a couple of your test files from A360 Drive directly into an A360 Team Project that you've created in A360 Team which will force a re-translation with the newer viewer from Team. Then try and view the files from that Project to see if there is any difference, as well from your mobile devices. (see screenshots below, you can copy over into Team from Either A360 Drive or from within Team as well)
  • you can upload directly from your computer into A360 Team as well if you want, the end result woudl be the same (forcing a translation in A360 Team is what we're after)

IF YOU WANT TO COPY YOUR A360 DRIVE CONTENT INTO A360 TEAM FROM WITHIN A360 DRIVE, details below.

copy from A360 Drive over into A360 Team.png

IF YOU WANT TO COPY YOUR A360 DRIVE CONTENT INTO A360 TEAM FROM WITHIN A360 TEAM, details below.

Copy from A360 Drive to A360 Project.png

Let me know if that makes any difference, and if you'd like to do a live phone call, i'm totally open to that as well, so just let me know via my email that I gave you prior and then i'll send you back my direct office line.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report