Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a rolling stamp

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cputman
211 Views, 1 Reply

How to make a rolling stamp

I am new to Fusion 360. I want to make a rolling stamp. Can you suggest how to do this?

I know how to make a cylinder and I know how to extrude.  I don't know how to add an extruded version of a fish to a cylinder.  Cannot find instructions.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
flinandy59
in reply to: cputman

@cputman wrote:

I am new to Fusion 360. I want to make a rolling stamp. Can you suggest how to do this?

I know how to make a cylinder and I know how to extrude.  I don't know how to add an extruded version of a fish to a cylinder.  Cannot find instructions.

You can begin by designing a cylinder that will serve as the stamp's base. Sketch the outline of the fish shape on one of the cylinder's faces using the Sketch tools. Ensure the fish shape is appropriately sized to fit on the cylinder. Next, use the Extrude tool to pull the fish shape outward from the cylinder surface to create a 3D extrusion. You can add texture or depth to the fish design by further sketching and extrusion techniques. Once satisfied with the design, combine the cylinder and the extruded fish shape into a single component using the Combine tool. Test the rolling stamp to ensure it functions correctly, simulating the rolling motion to see how the fish design transfers onto a surface. Refine the design as needed, adjusting size, shape, and orientation, and experiment with different stamping techniques for desired results.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators