Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coment:Support DWF, support the field support industry.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
434 Views, 5 Replies

Coment:Support DWF, support the field support industry.

I have been a big proponent for all things autodesk as an artist, drafter and compliance consultant heck even your scale form products. I have always recommended DWF format type instead of other publish types due to the searchability and versatility. We have been told that you will continue to support it and that A360 would eventually have Design reviews functionality. First we need to understand that engineering in its purest form is one thing... Communication. Second we need to understand why we engineer and that is to communicate direction...Third who do we communicate with?..That would be our clients the field, shop or operations. This whole industry, drafting, design and maintenance revolves around the field construction and operations maintenance. Compliance MI everything is just for the field and operations support so that they can build and maintain what makes capital, energy and serves the public. In no way shape or form is this ready for that. This shouldnt even had gone Beta without the ability for the field to mark up DWF's or draiwings with the bare minimum of what design review can handle.It is open source and if you could update your other program sketchbook to open a DWF on the phones or tablets SD card then you are serving design. charge more for CAD and allow the field an open seat to mark-up so we can utilyze third parties by requiring mark-ups in native DWF. You could automate a procedure for the DWF to convert to Jpeg based on a reference point and scale it when you open a DWF through Sketchbook then it imports as vector back into the DWF when you save? It is paramount to have mark -ups in native form local and cloud. If it isnt going to be open seat to utilyze mark-ups I might try to locate another open drawing app and just augment it with the dev kit like paint it would be better than just having a free hand tool that is almiost useless or saying move valve down 20'. Down which way?  

How does A360 accomplish anything that couldnt already be handled on a secure FTP portal or SP with update alerts? You revoked being able to complete mark-ups just so you can bundle it with your field communication software or will you still offer design review tools to general public for a mobile platform as I really hope you do. Thanks for everything you all have done for us, hope you guys keep serving the industry well and not get lost in breaking into other industries. Please prioritize this it is essential that we have an easy to use product that anyone can learn not everyone is computer savy and over simplification can also make things complicated.. I feel that this generation of mobile can do a lot of things and I hope you guys can gear up and make some more fantastic products!! ๐Ÿ˜„

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Would it be possible to use something like an emulator or similar to a streaming stick or remote play functionality to run design review? Or optimize the publish function in cad to plot for something that can run on mobile? Or allow the cloud computers to do the heavy lifting and process just a straight out of the box design review when you open a DWF file on A360? Designers are visual and historically mark-ups are the medium of communication. I just feel the value would be in optimizing that functionality.

Message 3 of 6
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Eric,

Thanks for posting  your comments and questions to the A360 Forum.  My first question is are you open to being contacted by Autodesk to share more of your ideas on what you would like to see in markup and A360 going forward?   If so, I will add your eMAIL to a list we are keeping of customers that are willing to chat with us.

Also are you using A360 today?  Not A360 Drive, but A360 Team, or Tech Preview?  If not, can you go sing up for the trial at the following address and check it out?  We just last night added more comment specific features.   

We are also working on more tools for markup, measure and would love to get more specific feedback from you.   For example, if you are using Design Review right now, is the measure tools good for your company to use?    

Also check out our BLOG on A360, we have some great information on how to use this tool to collaborate with others.   

http://A360 Blog:
http://autodesk.typepad.com/a360/

A360 Hangout:
http://autodesk360.com/hangout

It's worth checking out the A360 Trial just to try out the viewer.   FTP is nice, but with A360 you can create a project, share that project with multiple people, upload and view hundreds of file formats.  And if the client does not have that desktop product on there system, this is GREAT.  

Go take it for a spin and then let us know what you think.  

Thanks for the feedback and I also shared your comments with the team that is working on markup. 

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 4 of 6

Here is a quick look at the viewer. Note that you want to use Chrome for Firefox to check this out. It's a public share and embedded, so you could share links like this with others that do not have an A360 account.

Fusion Model

Revit Model
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hello, thank you so much for responding! Yes, I would love to give feedback as I am a process improvement nerd and have a ton of ideas relating to your existing technology. I would like to update this for feedback to my personal email and phone number. If you can contact me directly I would be more than happy to share this with you. 

Message 6 of 6
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Thanks Eric for replying back. I have added you to a Wiki that we are using to track this. I also sent contact information for you to the team that is researching this. Do you prefer to use the gMAIL account?

Thanks again for the followup.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report