Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the start point when moving a body

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
martinjlane
254 Views, 1 Reply

Changing the start point when moving a body

I am trying to move a body so it touches another body, however when I select the move command it somtimes sets the start point of the move at the opposite end of the body making ot difficult to zoom in and get an accurate position.

Can the start point be moved to a different part of the body?

Move start point.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
flinandy59
in reply to: martinjlane

@martinjlane wrote:

I am trying to move a body so it touches another body, however when I select the move command it somtimes sets the start point of the move at the opposite end of the body making ot difficult to zoom in and get an accurate position.

Can the start point be moved to a different part of the body?

Move start point.jpg

When moving a body in CAD software to make it touch another body, the start point of the move operation is typically determined by where you click or select the body. Unfortunately, directly changing the start point to a different part of the body isn't usually possible within most CAD programs. To manage this, consider using selection filters to precisely select the desired start point, creating temporary geometry or reference points, zooming in closely to the desired start point before moving, or utilizing any "edit mode" features available in your CAD software to manipulate specific points or features of the body.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums