Announcements
Announcement: A360 Drive Ideas was archived on July 24, 2018. You can still share ideas on the A360 Drive Forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Decals (Inventor) in A360

Support for Decals (Inventor) in A360

Made a large 3D Model in Inventor for a project, and about 80% of all surfaces are covered by decals. I was hoping to be able to show it off in A360, but to my suprise, decalse aren't supported. From Inventor, i exported to about 10 different file types, but none of those showed decals in A360 either. 

The closest bet as a dwf, where some decals showed, but others only had a relfective view of the environment. 

Hope to have full support for decals soon 🙂

11 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Future Consideration

gcox
Explorer

This is also my #1 Request.  Please support decals in the previewers as they are supported in the tools.  I'm using decals in Fusion 360.  When previewing/sharing my designs in A360 website, or with Fusion 360 mobile app, the decals (which can essentially be skins) are not shown.

Brendan.Thorpe
Participant

Just adding my voice to this topic, definitely a needed feature. I was very surprised today when I found out this wasn't an available feature - I was certain I was missing a setting somewhere. 

gcox
Explorer

@Brendan.Thorpe, @Anonymous, I'm not sure if it would help, but there is an "up-vote" (thumbs-up) button at the top left of this thread.

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Under Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes A360 without decals is unsusable

014vkrishna
Community Visitor

Ditto. I simply assumed there would be support for decals - esp. because the preview thumbnails in the folder view do show them! Also, I don't think there is support for Appearances that utilize images (instead of solid colours). Hopefully these features get added soon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ahhh A360 without decals sucks. Now I cant communcaite with my customers how their printed material will look like. www.segsystems.com.

Come on AutoDesk!

sketcherb
Observer

What use is a360 if decals are left off customers love seeing their logo etc in models and this means you are not showing the model as designed. Come on two years this issue exists and no progress?

a.wassink
Explorer

I was wondering if there is any progress regarding decals in online viewers such as A360 and BIM 360.

koenco
Contributor

Please add Inventor decals to A360 views. Very annoying this is not implemented yet. It is asked for 3 years already.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report