Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Understanding A360

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BrettWright
1003 Views, 4 Replies

HELP: Understanding A360

Product Description

A360 is a cloud-based workspace that centralizes, connects and organizes your team and project information across your desktop, the web, and mobile devices.

Available in two tiers:

• Free = 1 Project, 1 Team Member, unlimited Contributors, 5GB storage total
  • Team = Unlimited Projects, 500GB shared storage per team member

Mobile Access

A360 mobile app for iOS and Android provides access to your A360 hub and projects from your smartphone and tablet devices.

Features

• Design and engineering project collaboration tools make it easy to upload, download, view, search, edit, and provide feedback on project and data information.
  • Integrated viewer lets you and your team access and view, share, search and edit 2D and 3D design files – Autodesk and competitive formats - directly from a browser.
  • Highly indexed data makes it easy to find detailed information deep inside models/data sets/assemblies and data archives.
  • A360 supports over 100 file types—Autodesk and competitive data types -- as well as non-design data including documents, presentations, and spreadsheets.
  • Additional detail at these linked locations: A360, A360 Community, A360 Forums, A360 Help

Integrated Services

Cloud Storage[1]

Store all project and design data secured to the latest industry standards, certifications and encryption technology.

A360 Free & A360 Team: Project storage that is available for use by the entire project team.

• Storage allocation is 5GB for A360 (free) and 500GB per A360 Team member, pooled at the hub level.
  • A360 Drive data is accessible from A360

A360 Drive: Folder-based personal cloud storage service

• Storage allocation is 5GB for A360 Drive (free).
  • A360 Drive data is stored separately from your A360 projects.
  • Review the “How to manage your data in A360” doc for additional details.

Desktop-to-Cloud Sync

Sync your designs from your desktop to the cloud

• AutoCAD and Inventor users can use A360 desktop sync to edit files locally, and synchronize to A360 Drive.
  • Installs as part of AutoCAD, AutoCAD based verticals, Inventor, or Showcase (or Suites containing these products).

Rendering in A360

Fast, high-resolution renderings in the cloud

• Cloud rendering in A360 takes advantage of virtually infinite computing power to create photorealistic and high-resolution images in less time.
  • Available with the purchase of a perpetual license with Maintenance Subscription or a Desktop Subscription for select products

[1] Maintenance and Desktop Subscription customers are entitled to 25GB.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

When you refer to the 25GB cloud storage that you receive when you have Maintenance or desktop Subscription, is this storage on A360 Drive or 'project data' storage?

Message 3 of 5

Hi Valerie,

25 gigs of space is for A360 Drive.

Hope this helps answer your question.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 4 of 5
robbie_in_oz
in reply to: BrettWright

I have been curious about, whether A360 desktop, can be used as a workspace for Inventor projects, using Vault.

I would like to be able to start work on Inventor at work, go home and continue work on the same file. Or perhaps, continue working on that same file, using Fusion 360.

I know that in Inventor, when you go to the open file dialog box, you can open file from A360. But, how does that come into play, when your working on projects which use the Vault?

Inventor file open.jpg

I have not been able to find any information on the web, which answers this question.

This question also couldn't be answered by the many technical support people, which I have asked.

It seems, that most technical support people from Autodesk vendors, don't even fully understand how A360 works!

The other question I have is, how do we ensure that no file conflicts develop? Specially if you start working with others, via sharing through A360. Because at the moment, you'd actually have to save duplicate files, into A360. Which voids the purpose of using the Vault. 

Is A360, and other related 360 services intended to be used independently of desktop software, such as AutoCAD and Inventor? Or is it meant to seamlessly, allow you to continue work, no matter where are, as I suggested above?

To me, it makes perfect sense that A360 should be incorporated into the Vault or vice versa.

Message 5 of 5

Hello Roberto,

Thanks for posting your question to the A360 Drive Forum. The way that A360 works with Inventor is that it uses the A360 Drive desktop component. When you save a file to the A360 site, it copies that file, or files from your local machine to the A360 Drive WEB Site.

You could sign into a system, say at home and your files would then sync between A360 Drive WEB Site and your home system.

A360 does not know anything about Vault and won't work with Vault, and it also does not know anything about Fusion. To use Fusion, you want to use A360 from the following location.

http://autodesk360.com

When you sign in to your A360 account, if it's the same account that you have setup Fusion with, you will see your Fusion files as well.

When using A360 Drive, the files are copied, so you are not working on files in the cloud, but local files that get copied to A360 WEB. Then copied back to that same system, or a different system when you sign into A360 from your home system. You have to be using the same account for this to work that way. This should be covered in the Inventor help and if you sign into A360, you can click on the help there as well and learn more about A360 Desktop Sync component.

http://360.autodesk.com

Hope this helps answer your questions
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report