Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTING A360 and permissions

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
methoni
1058 Views, 13 Replies

PRINTING A360 and permissions

My  colleague has just received a drawing using A360 , he is happy with the contents and now wishes to print the drawing using pdf, the problem is

how does he do this, no printer is available showing on his screen, is this a permissions thing.

Having recently subscribed to A360 and being the administrator how do i change the permissions as to what the recipients can do to the information.ie i wish to deny them permission to alter the drawing/design.

Regards

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Hi Martin,

Thanks for sending in your question and welcome to the forums.  There is no traditional printer in A360, but if you open the file in the viewer, there is an option to print from there.  Note that it's more like a screen shot to a system printer, so you could select PDF if you have that option in your system printer.   Here are a couple screen shots that show how printing works in A360.  

Print from viewer 001.png

After you click the print icon, you can zoom in, out and pan around to center the image that will be taken.  

Print from viewer 002.png

Hope this helps and have a great day. 

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 14

Hello Bud

Interesting this problem with printing from A360, if i right click the mouse button on the file version  that i am looking at it lists all the printers that we generally use in our office,clicking on my normal printer and print just creates a blank page with page 1 of 1 at the top and https://myhub etc etc at the base of the page.

In your earlier  screen shot you show a printer symbol but in my tools section there is no printer symbol, its missing whether i am looking at a model or 2d drawing.

Basically it would appear that there is no system printer that can be used, a big disdvantage for the recipient of A360 information.

Regards

Message 4 of 14

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update.  Any chance you can share a screenshot of what you are seeing?  Be sure to capture the URL of the page as well.   

Thanks in advance for getting us this and we will go from there.   

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 14

Hello Bud
Hope this helps.
Regards
Message 6 of 14

Hi Martin,

Thanks for replying back. It looks like you might have replied from the eMAIL notifications and the tools used for the discussion forums does not allow attachments. Can you go directly to the forum and post the image.

Thanks and sorry about that.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 7 of 14

Hello Bud

Here is the image, as can be seen there does not seem to be a printer /symbol in the lower array of tools.

Regards

Message 8 of 14

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the update and screenshot. Are you by chance using A360 Drive?

https://360.autodesk.com

If that is the case the print feature is not supported, you need to use A360 Team.

A360 Drive no printing.gif

Hope this helps explain what is going on here and thanks again for sharing the screenshot.  I'll move your post over to the A360 Drive forum.  

Have a great day. 

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 9 of 14

Bud
I think that's what is happening we/I am using A360 DRIVE , there is no subscription fee whereas with A360 TEAM its more sophisticated and you do have to subscribe.
I am sure this is how things work.
Regards
Message 10 of 14

Thanks Martin for confirming this.  We do have a WEB based A360 FREE that has a different type of printing in it. 

https://a360.autodesk.com/viewer

There is a print icon in the upper right corner as well as a screenshot button.  This might be a good work around for the few drawings you need to print with. 

PRINT ICON IN A360 FREE WEB.gif

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Tags (2)
Message 11 of 14

Thanks Bud
I think that's sorted it.
Regards
Message 12 of 14

Thanks for the update and have a great day.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 13 of 14
lisawegner63
in reply to: methoni

This is a great program.  Now if I could only figure out how to use it.  I may be missing the obvious, but how do I open the file in the viewer?  What is the viewer?  Is it something different than how I am already looking at files?  I've been using the sheets icon on the left to go through the files.  I want to print one of the sheets.
If there is a step by step tutorial on this that I am not aware of, please direct me to it - that would really help!

Thanks,

lisa

Message 14 of 14

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for posting your question.  We will need a few more details from you on this. If you look at the previous messages, make sure you are using A360 Drive and not A360, or BIM 360 Team, or one of our Team products.   Note that Team can print, while Drive cannot.  Also it's a very basic print, like a screenshot. See the beginning of this thread for example on how print works with Team.   

In Drive, to view a file, just click on it in the WEB Site and it should open up. 

Layout of Drive.gif

Once you click on the file, it will open up in the viewer.   

Viewer.gif

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report