Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It seems I have lost the A360 drive in the autodesk sync folder

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
howiedrummer
6767 Views, 13 Replies

It seems I have lost the A360 drive in the autodesk sync folder

It seems I have lost the A360 drive in the autodesk sync folder, anyway to get this back?

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Hi Howie,

Can you share a screen shot? Not sure why you are not seeing it. If you are in AutoCAD and click on the A360 Cloud icon to save, do you see it there?

Thanks for sharing more details.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 3 of 14

Here is my screen shot.

Message 4 of 14

Hi Howie,

Do you have AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT installed on this system?   And what version is it?    Also are you signed into A360 in AutoCAD and if you do a SAVEAS do you see the cloud icon in file navigation folder? If you are not signed in, try doing that from inside AutoCAD.  Then try doing a SAVEAS to see if that brings the drive back.  

If that fails, we have another post where another person is not seeing A360 Drive in Windows File Explorer.   The suggestion there was to try and re install the sync component.  Here are the steps to do that.  

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-drive-general-discussion/missing-virtual-drive/td-p/5569505

NOTE: You may need to go to Control Panel and uninstall the existing version.  

1. Search your install media for AdSync.msi and data1.cab.  

2. Then install the sync component again and that should fix the problem, as long as you have an AutoCAD based product installed that is.   

Thanks for the screen shots and let us know how this goes. 

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 5 of 14

1) I have autocad LT 2016.

2) Yes I am signed in to A360, But I dont see the cloud icon.

I will try your suggestions and let you know what happens. Thanks again for your help.

Message 6 of 14
howiedrummer
in reply to: howiedrummer

I can not find Adsync.msi or data1.cab anywhere on my computor

Message 7 of 14

Hi Howie,

They would be off the install source that you used to install AutoCAD LT 2016.   So if you downloaded LT, then the default location would be off of your C Drive.   Something like...

C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2016_English_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\Components\Cloudsync

AdSync.msi

data1.cab

AdSync msi data1 cab.jpg

If you uninstalled A360 Desktop, then you could also try to use the AutoCAD LT 2016 Installer to add it back.   

A360 Drive Uninstall 001a.jpg

Run the setup.exe again and start to do an install like the first time. Select Install...

ACAD 2016 Drive install 001a.jpg

After you get past your serial number and all the other options, you should see something like this except it will show that "Shared Components" A360 Desktop" is not installed.  You would just select that and do the install.  

ACAD 2016 Drive install 002a.jpg

Let me know how this goes and hope this helps.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 8 of 14

That worked. It is all back to normal. Thank you.  I am still confused though, when I open my drawings form the drive location modify them it doesn't up date that file on my 😧 drive. Do I work strictly form the 360 drive now and dont save them to my 😧 drive anymore? I know I keep repeating myself but I am trying to figure this out.

Message 9 of 14

Hi Howie,

That's great news and glad we could sort it out. Can you tell me how you re installed?  Did you find the MSI and CAB file, or did you use the Install Wizard? 

As far as your other question here is how I would suggest doing this.  

Any files that you want to save to A360 Drive ( The Cloud ) would live in your local A360 Drive folder.   That way they are always synced up to A360 Drive and back.   What you can do is open the file up in AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT or an AutoCAD based vertical desktop product.   Then do a SAVEAS. Select the A360 Drive location.  You can right click to create a folder that fights what you are working on.  

Now once you have saved that file to the A360 Drive location, any new saves will be to that same location.   Finish your work and close AutoCAD.   The next time you need to work on that file, just open it from the A360 Drive location.   You can see this in File Open, or in the recent files history in the AutoCAD opening screen.  It's not on your D Drive, but it allows you the same functionality as before except it's not in that long Automatic Copy folder structure. 

In this case you would type "OPEN" from AutoCAD, or select the open option.   Then select the A360 Icon.  That will show you all the files in A360 Drive that you have worked on. 

Open from Cloud 001a.jpg

If you look at the recent history you will see the same thing.  Notice that files saved to A360 Drive will have a cloud above the DWG icon.

File NAV A360 Drive 001a.jpg

That is all you will need to do.  Also note that you can copy files to the A360 Drive local folder and they will get synced up to A360 Drive as well.

Hope this helps and let me know what method you used to re install sync.  I'm going to create a document to cover this in case others ask this same question.     And I'm glad we were able to get this resolved for you.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 10 of 14

I uninstalled A360 DESK TOP and used the wizard to get a fresh start. I could not find the Adsync.msi or the data1.cab. Thanks again for your help, and I think I will be working straight from the drive just to keep things simple. I am a big fan of the kiss theory (keep it simple stupid.) Thanks again, Eddie Howie

Message 11 of 14

Thanks Eddie for the update and glad we were able to help you out with this.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 12 of 14

Hi Bud,

I'm having the same problem with Revit 2017. I tried to direct the install problem to the folder location but received the attached error.

Please advise

Michael

Message 13 of 14

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the update and I totally agree.  If you don't need the sync component, uploading directly is a great option.   

If you decide to try and re install again, you want to use the SETUP. EXE that was used for the initial install of AutoCAD.  That will bring up the options including installing the desktop component.   You don't need to go looking for the MSI or CAB File, it's all done from the AutoCAD Install Wizard now. 

Hope this helps and thanks for letting us know. 

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 14 of 14

Please sir i uninstalled AutoCAD 2013 to install autocad 2016 but A360 isn't installing. Its showing me "the path C/Autodesk/autoCAD_2013_English_win64bit/component/adsync.msi cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report