Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.axm to .rvt

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dmarchant
931 Views, 6 Replies

.axm to .rvt

I have up-loaded up a middle sized .axm (120 meg original sketch up file was 17 meg) to A360 on the 7th March & there is no sign of a .rvt being genarated i thought this service was supposed to be automatic? but if it isn't i'd like to know how one should request an .rvt file being made from an .axm

Regards David

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dmarchant
in reply to: dmarchant

p.s. is there a size limit ?

Message 3 of 7

Hi David,

Thanks for posting your question to the forum. We do not automatically create any other file types in A360 or A360 Drive.  So that would be why you are not seeing a Revit file.   I don't know of any Autodesk service or product that does this, maybe inside of Revit?    

Hope this helps answer your question and have a great day.  

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 7

Are you sure as i believe formit files are converted automatically, if i am wrong that's fine but i have uploaded formit files .axm & a .rvt file is normally there the next day.

formit.png

Message 5 of 7

Hi David,

I'm positive, and just did a quick test on this.  If you upload a ".axm" file to A360 Drive, it will only upload that file.   But if you upload from Formit to A360 Drive through Formit, it prompts you that it will create the .rvt files.   So you need to go through Formit to getthis.  

Formit WEB App saving to A360 Drive and creating the ".rvt" file at the same time.   

Formit to RVT file.gif

".axm" uploaded manually to A360 Drive, note that no ".rvt" file is created. 

A360 Drive axm file.gif

Checking the Drive folder after creating a file in Formit WEB app, you see both the ".axm" and ".rvt" files are there.  

From Formit to A360 Drive.gif

Hope this explains how you were getting ".rvt" files on A360 Drive.   Also be sure to check out the Formit forum if you have any questions  around this, they should be able to help out with more details. 

Autodesk Formit Forum:

And thanks again for posting  your question and have a great day.  

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7

Ahh thank you i understand now.

Regards David 

Message 7 of 7

Hi David,

No problem and glad we could help out.   

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report