Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 360 Pro / A360 Drive / A360 / Fusion 360

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gobluejd
1125 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCad 360 Pro / A360 Drive / A360 / Fusion 360

First, not sure this thread is in correct place, but covers multiple products....

Can someone please explain this to me.  I have never been so confused in my life, especially with AutoCad products.

Questions:

If I create a Drawing in AutoCad 360 and save, where is my file?

I have checked and it doesn't show up in any of these places.  However it seems that A360 drive is in sync, but stuff from Fusion or AutoCad 360 is not there, but some where else.

I want to save EVERYTHING to the same place as my Fusion Files (or be able to get to from Fusion). 

Can someone please tell me how to use these, or at least one place to put stuff....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting your question and yes, it is totally confusing. Lets see if I can clear this up for  you. 

AutoCAD 360 Pro posts files to there own storage, but syncs it to A360 Drive.  If you go to the AutoCAD 360 WEB client, you should be able to see your AutoCAD 360 Pro files. 

AutoCAD 360 WEB Client:

I'm going to add a layer of confusion here as well. If you are using AutoCAD, the desktop product and have installed the A360 Desktop Sync client, then your files that you save to the cloud will be synced from the local sync folder to your A360 Drive WEB site.   

A360 Drive, is our first venture into the cloud and based on older technology.  We have done some updates and integrated the new Large Model Viewer (LMV), but it's still running on our older technology.   

About 4 years ago, we started working on A360 and introduced what we called the Tech Preview and that was the first venture into the new version using all new technology.   Fusion 360 is integrated into what was A360.   And yes, more confusion, because we changed the branding.  We have a link below that explains the new branding.  The simple thing to remember here is that the rebranding was just rebranding, the products are still the same.  

FAQ for Rebranding of A360 Team to BIM 360 Team and Fusion Team:

So for Fusion 360, you are either using a MyHub (Personal HUB) or a Fusion Team HUB.  These services have your files in a different location, but you can get to them easily from the 360 HUB, or the other way around from the Drive HUB.   We created the Drive Switcher, that lets  you switch back and forth between the two products to access  your files.  Note that you can also upload your files to the same location as your Fusion 360 files.   By clicking on A360, that should take you to your Fusion files location.   

Note that the biggest difference between A360 Drive and Team is that Drive is personal storage designed for file and folder sharing.  Team is Project based, so the idea is you invite people into the project to see your files, add comments, markups, and other design files. You can also create discussions in the project to collaborate back and forth.    

DRIVE SWITCHER 001.jpg

From the Fusion side, you can click on the Drive switcher and go back to A360 Drive as well.  

Fusion Team Drive Switcher.gif

So that's how you go back and forth between the two products.   So the short answer is...

AutoCAD 360 Pro puts the files on there storage site, and syncs them to A360 Drive. 

AutoCAD Desktop can sync the files to A360 Drive. Note that you can upload through your browser as well. 

Fusion 360 saves the files to the new 360 format, so most likely a MyHub that is project based. 

And if the Drive switcher is not for you, you can manually go back and forth using the url. 

AutoCAD 360 Pro:

AutoCAD 360 WEB Client:

A360 Drive:

https://360.autodesk.com

Fusion 360 MyHub:

https://myhub.autodesk360.com

I know this is a lot of data and totally understand why it's confusing. Hopefully this will help remove the confusion and getting to the files will be much simpler now.  We are also working in making this simpler in the future, it just takes time, there are a lot of services using the older A360 Drive format, so solutions need to be created for everything.  

Hope this helps and please feel free to ask for more details on any part of this.    

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 5

Great explanation!  This should help allot.....

Do you know of a way to sync my drawings folder to A360?  I'll explain....

We have a lot of mapped drives in which everyone can read my Drawings folder (Contains all my DWG's and a PDF folder of those as well), I do not want to MOVE my folder (will screw up allot of links, mapped drives etc).  So I need to sync MY DRAWINGS FOLDER to the A360 folder.....

AutoDesk support this or can suggest a way?

Message 4 of 5

Hi Jeff,

I thought I had replied to this last week, but I don't see my reply. The Sync component does not work with Team, only Drive, and it's designed to have the files in the sync folder, then they get copied to the WEB. So for right now, this is not possible with Sync. You could manually upload files to A360 using your browser, but that would mean keeping track of the versions and what was uploaded manually.

Wish I had better news for you here, but that is the limitation of the tool at this time.

Thanks
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 5

No worries.  Can I assume you know something with the wording of your last sentence?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report