Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 - Wrong System Clock

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
bwhittla
21516 Views, 17 Replies

A360 - Wrong System Clock

Inexplicably, A360 suddenly logged me out while in Civil 3D this morning, and when I tried to log back in, this is the error it gave me:

2017-04-03 04;59 PDT - A360 - Wrong System Clock.png

The clock on your [my] computer is NOT wrong.

It reports the date and time accurately. There IS however, something wrong with A360's login ... a bad (or late) April Fools joke perhaps?

(I am not amused).

I get the same error whether I login from the A360 Desktop or within Civil 3D (2017) or AutoCAD Arch (2017).

Autodesk fix it.

"And because in all the Galaxy they had found nothing more precious than mind, they encouraged its dawning everywhere. They became farmers in the fields of the stars. They sowed and they reaped.
And sometimes dispassionately, they had to weed."

WE are the Universe manifest conscious — the Cosmos getting to know itself.
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Hello Meliora, 

Thanks for posting your question to the forums. Have there been any changes on your system?  Maybe updates from Microsoft?  The first thing to try would be a reboot of the system and then try signing in again. If you still get the error, check that your system clock and location are pointing to where you are located. For example for me, it would be Pacific Time and the current time in my  location.  You can try changing this to anything, then changing it back to see if that resolves this. 

Thanks again for sending in your feedback to the team and please let us know how this goes. 

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 18

I have the same problem.

I only use Autodesk Inventor and Simulation Mechanical.

Since a few days I am loged out on the autodesk desktop app, when I want to log-in on the desktop app again I receive the same error.

I've already tried chaning the time and location, but it didn't helped. In the past I had it Always on automatically and never got this error. 

I hope autodesk will fix it.

Best regards,

Bram Ouwendijk

Message 4 of 18

Hi Bram,

Thanks for posting your results. Can you tell us what version of Inventor and what version of Sync is installed?  Also was this working before and then failed, or has it never worked?   

Thanks in advance for getting us more details on this.  

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 18

Hi Bud,

The version of inventor is 2017 64bit build  142

and the version of Autodesk Desktop App is 7.0.5.154

Best regards,

Bram Ouwendijk  

Message 6 of 18

Dear Bud,

I've already found the solution for me, I have looked in the BIOS and found out that the clock in my BIOS was wrong, the clock in Windows was okay but after changing the clock in my BIOS I was able to sign-in again.

I hope this could maybe be the solution for other people too.

Best Regards,

Bram Ouwendijk

Message 7 of 18

Hi Bram,

Thanks for letting us know and that is the first time I have seen that be the issue. Thanks for letting us know and I have marked your response as the solution to the issue.

Thanks again for letting us know and have a great day.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 8 of 18

I want my computer time to be 10 minutes fast so that meeting notices show up early allowing me to prepare and leave to arrive in time.  I should not have to change computer time just to sync my settings.

Message 9 of 18
BrettWright
in reply to: RTPollard

Hi Tom,

Did you have a question here on A360 Drive?

Please let me know,

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 10 of 18
RTPollard
in reply to: BrettWright

My message was related to trying to sync Autocad setting to A360.  Would not allow and popup message indicating computer control/time was wrong.  I like to have clock set 10 minutes fast so I get a notice about meetings and can prepare and leave on time.  I adjusted time to be just 7 minutes fast can can then sync.  Not sure why the computer time needs to be correct to allow for sync/saving at Autocad settings.

Message 11 of 18
BrettWright
in reply to: RTPollard

Hi Tom,

I reached out to our team, and below is what they sent back which validates the reasoning for the system clock required to be the proper time.

• Correct system time is important for authentication(oauth 1& oauth2) tokens.
  • The token will become stale if the system is not up to date.
  • Sync requests will fail with wrong time stamp.
  • It is also blocked by identity servers to avoid tampered requests for security reasons.

Have a great day 🙂

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Tags (1)
Message 12 of 18
nbaguioZ4SN3
in reply to: bwhittla

Just adjust the BIOS time as per your region

Message 13 of 18
bwhittla
in reply to: nbaguioZ4SN3

Notwithstanding this issue occurred over two (2) years ago and has long been resolved, your solution is irrelevant.

On PCs, when the OS (Windoz) sets the time, it does so by changing/adjusting the BIOS clock internally – so changing the time within the BIOS isn't going to solve anything (Windoz will simply change it – if it's incorrect – when it does a time sync).  In most cases BIOS/system time is automatically synchronised by the OS via an external time keeping source – for Windoz it's either time.windows.com or time.nist.gov depending on your settings. This synchronisation can be disabled, but then you can run into other issues.

But thank you for your very late suggestion.

"And because in all the Galaxy they had found nothing more precious than mind, they encouraged its dawning everywhere. They became farmers in the fields of the stars. They sowed and they reaped.
And sometimes dispassionately, they had to weed."

WE are the Universe manifest conscious — the Cosmos getting to know itself.
Message 14 of 18
Osama.Alamein

Hello,

I got this problem today. my time is correct my BIOS time is correct. and still can't sign in from the APPS.  any other solutions?  

Message 15 of 18
hocrevit.mep2002

If you edit the time zone in your computer, you will get

Message 16 of 18

Thank you for taking the time to ask your question on the forums. Have you made any modifications to your system? Microsoft updates, perhaps? The first thing to try is a system reboot, followed by a new sign-in attempt. If the problem persists, make sure your system clock and location are set to your current location. It would be Pacific Time and the current time in my location for me, for example. Check, and see whether changing this to anything and then changing it back solves the problem.

Message 17 of 18
space-art

pongan la hora de estados unidos y listo

Message 18 of 18

how to solve my problems

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report