That suggests to me that there is some routine that is loaded by an acad.lsp file [since that runs every time you start AutoCAD] or in the Startup Suite in APPLOAD, that is redefining *error* in some way that omits reporting the error. If so, that would at least make it easy to narrow down the possible sources of the problem, and you may not need to search through all your routines.
Thanks Kent, I thought the same.
I just removed the suspicious folder from "Support File Search",
and the problem was solved, at least for now...
I eas testing some lisps that I got from a friend, and completly forgot about them.
In that folder was one acad.doc file, which is suspicious.