Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherit configuration folder security from factory model

Inherit configuration folder security from factory model

As Vault administrator I found myself constantly moving Inventor files between folder with different security.

Everything works fine except for folders with Configuration factory members (suppose you know that those folders are moved only as a result of move factory-model).

Configuration factory model inherit security of destination folder (as expected) but folder with configuration members keep initial security.

Thus I'm constantly fixing security of those folders manually.

Vault users are most likely desire the same security of member and factory. Please add some more inteligence to the process.

4 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Maxim-CADman77
Advisor

I see status was changed to "comments requested" recently.

I'm not sure if MY comments needed but I'll try to describe issue a bi deeper.

In our company different employee group perform developing and follow-up (supporting) of products.

Each group has it's own folder within Vault (with different access).

When developing is finished administrator is supposed to move Inventor documentsto the folder of group that perfoqms supporting.

I drag and drop the files between folders.

I suppose everybody in Vault team know that Inventor files that are classified as "Configuration Member" cant' be moved/renamed my direct command. User is supposed to move Configuration Factory to get folder with Configuration members moved accordingly.

The problem is - the folder get moved but preserves the access settings of original root folder and I need to change its permissions manually to get them the same as new root folder for moved CM-folder.

Hope its clear now.

If not - please clarify what exactly need to be detailed further. Thanks in advance.

ihayesjr
Community Manager

It was changed to Comments Requested to get the community to comment or Kudo up the idea.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report