Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Service Pack Questions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tahdesign1
291 Views, 5 Replies

Vault Service Pack Questions

I am about to install Pro 2014 and have a couple of question that pertain to the service pack use.

I looked through the readme files but did not see an answer to these.

First of all in both SP1 and SP2 there is a file called Autodesk Vault 2014 Pre SP1 (Server).msi

It is also a Windows installer file type but the ones you actually use are the *.msp files.

It seems to be same in both SP1 and SP2, what is this for?

I intend to install Vault, SP1, Hotfix 2, and the the subscription release.

It appears that if you have installed the subscription release that you are not supposed to use SP2, is that correct?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: tahdesign1

The Pre Check is meant for only NON English+Vault Basic servers. For Vault Pro and Vault Workgroup you do not need it. This is to change some files before installing the SP1/SP2.

After installing Subscription Release, please install the Subscription Release 1 Service Pack 1 ( Which you can get from the Subscription Center). This Sub Rel 1 SP1 is equivalent to Vault 2014 SP2.

Hope the above info helps. Do let me know if you need any further help/info.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 6
tahdesign1
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

OK so I beleive this is going to be confusing to the users out here.

By what you are saying it seems that if you install the Subscription release you then must do your Service Packs from the Subscription site NOT the normal update site for all other Autodesk softwares. However, the normal site in no way, that I can see, leads you to that conclusion. I have read through the readme files for both the subscription release AND normal SP2 and it does explain this.

The only reason I knew there was a SP2 out their was I am doing a new install and it shows up as a available download.

If we have two update paths that users must follow, depending on if they have or have not used the subscription release, that at least the normal update site should have some warning directing users of the proper path. OR the associated readme files should spell it out more clearly. The normal SP2 readme does state not to use it if the Subscription Update has been used but if does not mention geeting Sps from the subscription site.  

Message 4 of 6
Senthil_Kumar

Thanks for your feedback. We will look into that. In the meantime the following blog post may help you to understand the issues with respect to Vault 2014 SP2 and Vault 2014 Sub Rel 1 SP1.

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2014/02/notice-to-vault-users-intending-to-upgr...

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need any further info/help.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
tahdesign1
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Thanks I had already come to the conclusion of what my installation path should be much like that blogs states.

In my instance, where it is a new install, doing it wrong is simple to start over and do it correct.

Whereas someone applying the wrong SP to an already production running Vault is a larger issue.

Thanks for you help

Message 6 of 6
Senthil_Kumar

Your concern is a valid one. But please note our Service Packs are built with all these consideration. Which means the SP updates the files only if the files that it needs to update are with lower version ( File Version). Otherwise it doesn't update the files.

Hope that clarifies.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report