Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro 2013 (SP1) Crashes Frequently

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
jweiss1313
1324 Views, 14 Replies

Vault Pro 2013 (SP1) Crashes Frequently

I have one user who complains that Vault Pro 2013 (SP1) crashes frequently.  When checking his event log, we verified that he has been crashing frequently due to dll's related to Design Review.  Based on the event log, he has been having this problem when we started using Vault Pro 2012 and Design Review 2012.  I read another thread on this issue and I performed a clean unistall of both Vault and Design Review and he want 2-1/2 weeks without a crash.  Today he tried to perform a simple search and Vault crashed.  Below is the event log for this event.  He is still having the same problem.  I also attached a screen capture of the error message when he crashed.

His system specs:

Dell Precision T7500 with Windows 7 x64 (SP1)

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro 5000 graphics card.

Event log error:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          2/28/2013 10:37:29 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      EN-MOONEY.corp.follettice.com

Description:

Faulting application name: Connectivity.VaultPro.exe, version: 17.1.16.0, time stamp: 0x50c00192

Faulting module name: ECompositeViewer.dll, version: 13.0.0.82, time stamp: 0x4f07d08f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000b9625

Faulting process id: 0x2d8

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce15b3dac5eecc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Vault Professional 2013\Explorer\Connectivity.VaultPro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2013\EComposite\ECompositeViewer.dll

Report Id: c23449d5-81bc-11e2-ad51-bc305bb6913a

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-02-28T15:37:29.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>42419</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>EN-MOONEY.corp.follettice.com</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Connectivity.VaultPro.exe</Data>

<Data>17.1.16.0</Data>

<Data>50c00192</Data>

<Data>ECompositeViewer.dll</Data>

<Data>13.0.0.82</Data>

<Data>4f07d08f</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>000b9625</Data>

<Data>2d8</Data>

<Data>01ce15b3dac5eecc</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Vault Professional 2013\Explorer\Connectivity.VaultPro.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2013\EComposite\ECompositeViewer.dll</Data>

<Data>c23449d5-81bc-11e2-ad51-bc305bb6913a</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Please help.  I don't know what else to do for the user at this point.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi John,

Hope everything else is going well with you 🙂

Any change in the behavior if you unregister and re-register that DLL?

(from elevated command prompt)

C:\>REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2013\EComposite\ECompositeViewer.dll" /u

C:\>REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2013\EComposite\ECompositeViewer.dll"

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 15
jweiss1313

Hello Andy,

I am doing fine.  Long time no see!  It's very good to hear from you.  I have to tell you that you are missed in tech support.  I took your advice and re-registered the dll and I will wait to see if that fixes the problem.  Hywell suggested deleting his profile and recreating it.  That would be my next step if this doesn't work.  Take care and thank you very much for the help.  It's good to know that you are monitoring this discussion group.  Have a great day!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 15
jweiss1313

Hi Andy,

Unregistering and reregistering the problem dll did not work.  Hywell suggested deleting and recreating the user profile and that did not work either.  This user keeps his Preview tab up all the time.  I suggested keeping his History tab open and see if that helps.  He crashed this morning again. He tried to do a simple search and it crashed.  Event log listed the same compositeviewer dll as the culprit.

My IS department want to rebuild his entire system (reinstall the OS and start from scratch).  Do you have nay other suggestions before we go this direction?

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 5 of 15
Andy.Spivey

Hi John,

Sorry to hear that those suggestions did not resolve the issue for your user.  Apologies if this has been suggested / tried already, but you could try removing Design Review 2013 completely from the system?

1. uninstall Design Review via control panel
  2. manually delete any residual files under:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2013
    C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ADR
    C:\Users\%TheirUserName%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review
    C:\Users\%TheirUserName%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADR
    C:\Users\%TheirUserName%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review

3. Export (save), then remove the registry information from:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Autodesk\Design Review
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Design Review (when logged in as the user in question)
  4. Reboot the workstation and login as either a local admin user or your domain user (not the user experiancing the issue).
  5. Re-install Design Review with elevated UAC permissions.

Kind of alot of steps - could also include the Vault Professional 2013 Client in those steps too.

Maybe thats a little less painful than refreshing the OS...

-Andy

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 6 of 15
jweiss1313

Hi Andy,

I already tried this and I included Vault.  I'm not sure what else we can do.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 7 of 15
mdellunto

Same problem here.

This only seems to have become a problem after serivce pack 1.

We run Windows 7 64 bit and my users are starting to get feed up with this. Anyone still having this problem ?

Faulting application name: Connectivity.VaultPro.exe, version: 17.1.16.0, time stamp: 0x50c00192
Faulting module name: ECompositeViewer.dll, version: 13.0.0.82, time stamp: 0x4f07d08f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000b9625
Faulting process id: 0xc18
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce39c8a707cc04
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Vault Professional 2013\Explorer\Connectivity.VaultPro.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2013\EComposite\ECompositeViewer.dll
Report Id: c92d0b57-a5ef-11e2-843a-001ec94d5630

Message 8 of 15
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: mdellunto

Did you send any Crash Error Report? and if yes, Can I have the email ID included in that Report? May be i can look into the report to see the issue.

Thanks!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 9 of 15
mdellunto
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

We do not get a option to send a crash report. We only get this message
and then the Window logs to deal with.

error.png

Message 10 of 15
jweiss1313

Try checking under my email ID.  Maybe I got to send a CER associate with this issue.

johnweiss@follettice.com

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 11 of 15
Andy.Spivey

Hi John,

On a machine that does not show the issue, what version of ECompositeViewer.dll is present? 

Any change if you copy the DLL from a working workstation to the workstation with the issue?

-Andy

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 12 of 15
jweiss1313
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Hi Andy,

My IS department is in the process right now of applying a new image to that computer to see if that works.  Hywell had us try various things and nothing worked.  He then recommended to reimage the machine.  We had to wait for the user to be out of the office to do this and he just left for a business trip.  Thanks for trying to help us Andy!  I appreciate it.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 13 of 15
Senthil_Kumar

Thanks John. I am able to track down the reports and I am looking into them.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 14 of 15
jweiss1313
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

We continue to have one user who is crashing Vault a couple of times a week due to this error and we can't get it fixed.  The user is fed up and is now posting the crash messages on his cork board in his cubicle.  I don't know what else to do as a CAD Administrator to try to fix this problem.

I just wanted to post again to keep this issue relevant in this thread with the hope that someone will figure out why this problem occurs and fix it!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 15 of 15
mdellunto

Same problem here. I have been searching everywhere nothing seems to fix this problem. I have 2 -3 people brand new installs of vault pro 2013 64bit w7 pro. It use to happen a lot but it has slowed down since installing ADMS client service pack 1. User report that printing drawings it seems to crashes the most. I have ask them to keep a eye out for what they have been doing before the crash. Only once have they told me it crashed when searching. 

Maybe our users are clicking to many buttons at once and vault can't keep up? They do say it only happens when they are in a rush and trying to print a drawing.

I also know that vault likes to uses internet explorer for printing. I have them all using IE 10 so they can print NPR summery reports. It does not work with IE9 ( gives IE error message). If you would like i can find the audodesk forum post for it.

So my best guess is IE 9 and 10 are messing it up. Before windows 7 sp1 w7 was able to downgrade IE 8 and there was very little problems. Maybe autodesk just needs to get there sutff working with IE 9 and 10?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report