Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Installation Guide Documents

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tahdesign1
504 Views, 7 Replies

Vault Installation Guide Documents

We have been running Vault Basic 2012 for years and are about to move up to Vault 2014 pro.

I have started out with a new server running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

So far I have installed out newly purchased SQL Server 2012 Standard per the instructions in Advanced Configuration Guide for Autodesk Vault Server 2014.

In that guide it points you to two other guides that I can not seem to find.

For standard installations configurations it say to consult Autodesk Vault Server 2014 Implemenation Guide.

I have searched for that you but can not sem to find it.

Also mentioned is a Managing Your Data guide that I can not seem to find.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: tahdesign1

The following links should help. 

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/adsk_vault_2009_managedata.pdf
http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Vault.pdf

In case if you still need information please go to Vault Online Help Page - http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/ and search for the info you need.

You can start from here http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-5B0B1CC8-DCF2-40E9-A552-6F97E7825D3A

Hope the above help. 

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 8
tahdesign1
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Senthil,

I was already following the last link for an installation guide.

However none of the examples or instructions illustrate how to change the proper settings in Server 2012 R2. It only talks about 2008 and below.

Is there not a more up to date document for this information?

Message 4 of 8
ihayesjr

There are no other settings to change inside of SQL that are not covered in the Vault 2014 Advanced Configuration Guide.

What specific settings are you looking to change?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 8
tahdesign1

I'm sorry I think you misunderstood here. My SQL installation went find and that guide does spell out all the proper settings for SQL being installed on Windows Server 2012 R2.

My commit had to do with the online help files that you pointed to and their directions for solving server setting issues that are not SQL related.

If during the Vault Installation Pre-Checks there are issues found, then the solutions are only illustrated in Server 2008 or below in those help files.

Specifically I had some IIS checks that failed and the help that was pointed to could not be followed because Windows Server 2012 R2 does things much differently than 2008 and below.

I was able to solve my problems by researching the web in other places for specific solutions.

However my original commit goes to the fact that these help files, that are title to be for Vault 2012-2014 do not have up to date information in them as it pertains to Server systems people out here may be using.

Thanks for you help

Message 6 of 8
ihayesjr

Aside from the 2 PDF links that were given, the instruction to resolve the pre-checks for SQL 2008 still applies to SQL 2012.  I will have the help updated but the steps are the same and the UI for fixing haven't changed between SQL 2008 and SQL 2012.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
tahdesign1
in reply to: ihayesjr

Irvin,

Please read back through. It is not the instructions for SQL that I am referring too.

It is other instructions for the Vault Installation Pre-Checks that I was talking about in the on line help.

Each one, if necessary, does a good job of illustrating solutions to errors if it is in Server 2008 or lower.

None of these illustrations talk about the use of Server 2012 which has a very different UI .

The specific areas that I had to address had to to with ASP Status Check and IIS Timeout Check.

For both of these there is very good detailed information on resolutions for Server 2008 and below.

I was able to solve my issues my researching other sources for making the proper changes.

I was just pointing out that the documentation for these resolutions does not seem to have been updated for the more current Server OS.

Message 8 of 8
ihayesjr

Sorry about that.

I will get that updated ASAP.

Thanks.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report