Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Client Crashes on Win7 Machine

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
guyh
1025 Views, 10 Replies

Vault Client Crashes on Win7 Machine

Over recent days almost every time I and a colleague (Both Win 7 64bit) try to open files from our local vault the program will stop responding and I have the option to close the program or wait and close.  If I wait then the files will open in Inventor but Vault client will exit.

I am at a loss as to why this is happening.  Has anybody got an idea of what I could do?  I repaired my local client installation and it improve things for a day but now the instability remains.

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
r.smith1
in reply to: guyh

Hi Guy,

Will you check to see if you both have Windows 7 SP1 installed? If so, please remove it, and repair your Vault install. 

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11
guyh

Hi,

It is my work laptop and I believe it came installed with SP1.  I can not see it under the program updates and service packs to remove. 

Is there an issue related to this SP?

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 4 of 11
pauwels.e

Hi, 

we are having the same problems and are reporting them to Autodesk for months!  This is the first time somebody actually made a reference to SP1 ?!  Our Dell Workstations comes with win 7 64bit SP1 so we can not uninstall.

We can only preview 2 times, the 3 th time Vault crashes.  If Autodesk is not bringing a solution for this problem I guess we will use the battle and our (rather big international company) will move to Siemens for CAD.  We don't want this to happen, AUTODESK PLEASE HELP NOW!

Tags (3)
Message 5 of 11
pauwels.e
in reply to: pauwels.e

Problem found !  removed the company autoproxy settings ... now only intranet on the workstations, but we know what to do when we need internet access.

Message 6 of 11
jacob.gondek

I have similar issues. I am running windows 7 professional x64 with SP1. Windows event log says:

Faulting application name: Connectivity.VaultCollaboration.exe, version: 15.2.66.0, time stamp: 0x4c849f35

Faulting module name: ECompositeViewer.dll, version: 11.0.0.86, time stamp: 0x4b4ae554

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x000b6455

Faulting process id: 0x1024

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd0c1982a1db03

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Vault Collaboration 2011\Explorer\Connectivity.VaultCollaboration.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review\EComposite\ECompositeViewer.dll

Report Id: b45f1f79-7822-11e1-9e32-74de2b9a1fd8

Message 7 of 11
mollons
in reply to: jacob.gondek

What version is your installed Design Review?

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 8 of 11
jacob.gondek
in reply to: mollons

Design review is Build version 11.0.0.86

Message 9 of 11
mollons

Have you tried repairing design review?

It seems that is what is causing the problem.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 10 of 11
jacob.gondek
in reply to: mollons

I will give it a try

Message 11 of 11
jweiss1313

I have one of my users who is experiencing this problem.  The application hangs or crashes.  We are runing Vault Pro 2013.  Is there any fix available for this problem?  Did uninstalling Design Review help solve the problem.  I would hope that Windows 7 SP1 is not the problem still.

Please help!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report