Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Vault 2013 on Win7 Workstation - Network access problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gclegg
351 Views, 1 Reply

Setting Vault 2013 on Win7 Workstation - Network access problems

We have installed Vault 2013 Server on a Windows 7 Workstation. Our network is domain controlled and network user name and password is required to get access to the LAN. When we tried to set up the file store on a networked file server, and the ADMS on the workstation, the ADMS could not access the file server, even though the workstation itself could access it through the network authenication.

To get around this we set up the filestore locally on the workstation.

The other main problem is that the clients on the network cannot see the work station to access the Vault file store. Can anyone help me in setting up the correct IIS settings, etc so I can access the Vault Server over our company LAN?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
paul.gunn
in reply to: gclegg

Hi,

The advanced configuration guide has a section on setting up remote filestores - specifically what account needs access and permissions. This should answer your first question:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0206-Autodesk206/0264Advanced_Configuration . Note the section on 'managing a remote file store.

I'm not completely sure of your second question. Possibly the DNS, firewall, or some other IT configuration is not set up correctly for other computers to see your ADMS server? One simple way of testing connectivity is to access the server via a web browser on the client machine. e.g. http://myvaultserver/AutodeskDM/services/SecurityService.asmx (where myvaultserver refers to the actual machine name of the vault server)

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report