Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Productstream 2011 + Win8 + IE10 + Office2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stefano.taino
1690 Views, 5 Replies

Productstream 2011 + Win8 + IE10 + Office2013

Hello

we have some issues with Productstream 2011 and the new windows features

Win 8 -> Productstream doesn't start, after login it show this error {911D317B-4834-4788-B5B1-16303461E621} is not available! m_pDoc==NULL (attach)

IE10 -> the webacces doesn't works, after login it show a stuck loading page. It happen also with other browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)

-> the windows preview of an office file in psp doesn't works, it always open the file in a new windows

Office2013 -> if I doubleclick on a office file it doesn't open the software to work on it.

Is there any chance to have an hotfix for this?

thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
r.smith1
in reply to: stefano.taino

Hi stefano.taino,

Please be aware, Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10, are not supported at this time, with Productstream Professional 2011.  Please see System Requirements for further information. 

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
stefano.taino
in reply to: r.smith1

Hi Ron

Thanks for the quickly answer

Do you know if it's planned an update to solve this?

thank you

Message 4 of 6
r.smith1

Hi stefano.taino,

Please accept my apologies, however, all I can comment on, is IE 10 is being tested, whether that becomes supported or not I cannot tell you.  I have been told, as of right now, we have no plans to support Windows 8 with PSP 2011. 

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
stefano.taino
in reply to: r.smith1

Are there any news on IE10?

We have a lot of user that use only the PSP Web interface and it's difficult to me keep the IE9.

Btw with windows 8 you can't downgrade to IE9 and now IE11 is out.

Message 6 of 6
freesbee

...I know, I know: "it's not supported, it's not recommended, it should not be done, you'll have no support..."

But just in case you are in the situation that somebody else has been waiting too long before replacing a system when it was the right time to do it, and now you need to figure out how to make PSP2011 work under Windows10, because you cannot downgrade a PC with intel 7th generation (and probably the same person who was too lazy to replace the system when it was the right time to do it is now forcing you to purchase hardware by some vendor who only provides 7th generation or newer CPUs Smiley Mad), and you are dealing with this error (whereby Adsk friends "officially" gave up):...this mysterious error......this mysterious error...

then try the following:

fire up an elevated cmd, and execute this command for each AIM*.dll present in the PSP/bin folder:

regsvr32 "<fqfn of your dll>.dll"

In all my cases after this action I had a perfectly working PSP2011 under Win10 (make sure you have installed all other components needed). If you prefer to save time, save the following syntax in a .cmd file, and shoot the file from an elevated cmd (make sure where your AIM*.dll files are and adapt the command accordingly, in both places):

for /F %%F in ('dir /b "%ProgramFiles%\Autodesk\Productstream Professional 2011\bin\AIM*.dll"') do regsvr32.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Autodesk\Productstream Professional 2011\bin\%%F" /s

Normally I don't ask "mark as solution" but since I am trying to increase my Adsk reputation, if this trick works for you, I would really appreciate if you mark is as solution, or eventually, just offer a "thumbup" Smiley Wink

Massimo Frison
CAD R&D // PDM Admin · Hekuma GmbH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report