Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Visualization Attachment on Select Files?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Bill.Schmid
281 Views, 2 Replies

Prevent Visualization Attachment on Select Files?

We have a couple Inventor files that are simply too large ( 170+ MB) for a visualization file to be created.  If they ever get put in the Job Queue, they just hang it up and nothing else gets processed.

So, is there a way to mark a file that will prevent it from getting put in the queue?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

When checking the file in from Inventor you can select settings and uncheck the box to create visualization.  Just be sure to make sure it is re-checked the next time.  I can't remember if it stays unchecked or not.

vis1.JPG

Message 3 of 3
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: cbenner

I was looking or a way that would absolutely prevent the file from getting queued for visualization generation.  Sorry.  I should have said that in the first place.

When we change states on files, previews (visualization is too long to type) don't get generated.  So we periodically search out files without previews and queue them up to get previews generated.  That's how those big files get in the queue.

I modified my saved search so that it excludes the files that I know will hang the system.

Come to think of it, if I let them to once until they error out and leave them in the queue, that would prevent them from being added in the future because they'd already be in there.  Kind of a clumsy workaround, though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report