Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Inventor "Shared" projects into Vault

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brent_e_barbour
189 Views, 1 Reply

Migrate Inventor "Shared" projects into Vault

I’m trying to migrate projects into Autodesk Vault for the first time. I get a warning message the recommends using “Inventor Add-in.” I currently have existing “Type = Shared” projects I want to convert to “Type = Vault.” I tried creating a new project file with “Type = Vault" and that just gives me problems with the Mapping Folders in the browser. Either I get the “!” icon next to all Inventor files, or once I do map the folders, I can’t save the file back because it’s still check out by the “Shared” project and once I switch back to the “Shared” project, I no longer have the option to check the projects in. The closest I’ve come is when I create a “Type = Vault" project file is it’ll generate an empty folder in Vault Explorer. I don’t see how Inventor Add-ins can be used to send files to the vault. All I see is a list of services loaded or started in Inventor. I created a test project from scratch and had no problems setting it all up with the vault, but I can’t get my legacy data over.

Thanks,
Brent Message was edited by: bbarbour
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: brent_e_barbour

Brent,

Have you read a white paper called "Moving to Vault from Semi" writen by
Brian Schanen?

If not, please download and read the PDF file:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/121-413542-4890453-83872/Moving%20to%20Vault%20from%20Semi.pdf

Glenn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report