Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with checking out files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
KengV
612 Views, 6 Replies

Issues with checking out files

Hi,

My colleagues and I are experiencing a long time period when checking out files from Vault.  Any where from 5 to 20 minutes or more depending on the size of the file.  It seems to be taking a long time when it reaches the .idw formats.  During the retrieval process it will sometimes crash or it will complete the process, but corrupt the .idw.  It will no longer open in inventor.  I am trying to re-create the error message when trying to open and will post along with this thread when I can.  I have also contacted support and they have only provided hotfixes and still has not solve the issue.  If anyone has experienced the same problem, have any advice or solution, I would greatly appreciate it.  This problem has been slowing the work flow in my department tremendously.

Thank you,

Keng

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.laidler
in reply to: KengV

Do you get the same delay when doing a 'check out' from the Vault client, and not thru Inventor?

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 7
KengV
in reply to: john.laidler

It is when checking out from the Vault cliente, not Inventor.

Keng

Message 4 of 7
KengV

The error I am receiving is "error opening a storage in database"

Message 5 of 7
SteveGlover8744

Sorry, this won't help but I too am receiving the same message "error opening a storage in database "filename" could not be opened."

It is related to only one workstation.

The same message appears when trying to open the Vault file either from Vault Client or Inventor.

The file can be opened from another Vault Client on another workstation, no problem.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the entire PDSP2013 on the problem worksation.

We are using Vault Basic 2013 and a stand alone server.

Any takers....????

Message 6 of 7
SteveGlover8744

Just an update.

I have still got issues with checking out files in Inventor 2013 from Vault Basic 2013 to one particular PC.

The PC in question has now been totally re-configured with a different computer name.

It seems as if Vault thinks that there is still a newer version on the one PC even though the HDD has been wiped.

It doesn't matter who the user is.

I have removed reservations through the administrator account.

I have tried moving the PC around the network to try different ports & routers etc.

The last test will be to try a different network card.

Has anyone else had this issue before...???

I'm running out of ideas so it wil be a new PC for the user after this.  Smiley Frustrated

If I get any progress I will post again.

Message 7 of 7
SteveGlover8744

Just for the record hoping this may help someone in the future..............

Have changed the Network Card and everything is OK.

For the tekkies out there............

Old Card: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller

New Card: Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report