Vault General

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (142 Views)

How to remove check out on another machine

142 Views, 2 Replies
03-07-2013 03:43 AM

I have an issue with Autodesk Vault 2012.

I have a number of files checked out to myself on an old machine that no longer exists as it had major faults with the hard drive.

I have tried remove reservation without any luck, I have also logged in as another Adminstrator without any luck.

The file when I look at it in the Vault explorer shows with a tick but no local copy, I need to be able to get the local copy and r remove the reservation.

Any ideas?

Shaun

Employee
minkd
Message 2 of 3 (126 Views)

Re: How to remove check out on another machine

03-07-2013 07:00 AM in reply to: shaunfarris

When you try to remove the reservation while logged in as a user with the Administrator role, what error do you see?

Does anything get logged in the server's vlog?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.
Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: How to remove check out on another machine

03-07-2013 08:08 AM in reply to: minkd

Hi,

I get the message that I cannot remove the reservation because it is not currently checked out to anyone else.

I assume I get this message because it believes the files are checked out to 'me' but on a different machine

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community