Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting My Search Folders

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
miechh
1898 Views, 5 Replies

Exporting My Search Folders

In a few weeks we will install Product Suite 2014 in our company, and with this an install of Vault 2014 will be done. In my Vault I created a lot of search folders which help me daily with reusing content. My experience with installing a new Vault version is that I lose the search folders I created.

Is there a way to export the search folders I created, so that I can import them in the new Vault version?

Product Design Suite 2024
Inventor 2024 (v 28.20.27200.0000), Vault Basic 2024
Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
miechh
in reply to: miechh

Still no answer on this. This month Inventor 2015 will be released, and probably with that comes Vault 2015. This means all my Search Folders in Vault 2014 will be gone, and I have to manually 're-design' them all, again.... I'll give Kudos to those coming with a solution.

Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 6
ryan

Your searches can be copied.   The exact path depends on 3 things; your username, vault version and vault name.

In my case, the searches are stored on my workstation at C:\Users\rsmall\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\VaultCommon\Servers\Services_Security_1_28_2013\localhost\Vaults\VaultDemo\Searches

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 4 of 6
scottmoyse
in reply to: ryan

Doug Redmonds Project Thunderdome Vault Extension did a wonderful job of extracting this lot. If it did nothing else, it showed you where all these settings are stored. I don't believe it has been updated to 2015 yet.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 6
scottmoyse

@miechh wrote:

Still no answer on this. This month Inventor 2015 will be released, and probably with that comes Vault 2015. This means all my Search Folders in Vault 2014 will be gone, and I have to manually 're-design' them all, again.... I'll give Kudos to those coming with a solution.

I'm just wondering if you searched this forum for the answer?

This post contains information about the location of the saved searches for example.

This folder contains some settings you can transfer:

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\XXXVault EditionXXX\

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 6 of 6
miechh
in reply to: ryan

Okay, thanks! This solves it for now. Still I think there should be an export-function in Vault to backup saved searches!

Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report