Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dwf copied to local question

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Clarkeng09
474 Views, 6 Replies

Dwf copied to local question

Hello,

I am wondering if there is an option to keep the dwf file attachements from downloading to the local.  To elaborate, what is happening now, is anytime I open an assembly, drawing, part, etc.... vault is downloading all the subparts as well as the hidden dwf's.  This only happens if I open directly from vault, if I do a get/checkout and then open off my local or if I open from vault thru Inventor the dwf files are not brought along. 

I have been looking for some setting in vault as well as on our server that you can set what gets downloaded when opening but I have not had much luck.

Thanks, for the help.

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
nVidia Quadro K5000M - 4GB
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Vault Collaboration 2013 Update1
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
luttena
in reply to: Clarkeng09

Hello,

This is interesting behavior to me because it is not intended to download the dwf files when opening files. There is a feature, available to the administrator, that will download the visualization files to a specific location. My guess is that this is set up to download to your workspace location with the option to 'Duplicate Vault Folder Structure".

Take a look at the Visualization tab of the Vault Settings. It's in the Visualization Attachments section.

Let me know if this is not the case so we can dive further if needed.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
Clarkeng09
in reply to: luttena

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply.  The duplicate folder structure is turned off, in fact the "enable visualization file attachment Options" is not checked.  When vault was first set up we duplicated to a network folder however that has been turned off for over a year now.  If you need any more information let me know..

Thanks,

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Message 4 of 7
luttena

Interesting. If the setting is unchecked, then these must be old dwf files. Are you positive they weren't there before you opened the file?

Can you delete them and verify that it's still happening/

Also, when you say you open the file from Vault, are you opening the file from the Vault Explorer application or the CAD application's Vault add-in?

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
Clarkeng09
in reply to: luttena

I deleted all the dwf files from our vault folder and they still return when I open from Vault and not thru the Inventor add-in.

It doesn't happen to every file, with a smaller assembly about a third of the dwf's get downloaded as well.  I thought this might be the files that the visualization need to be updated, however, vault says they are all up to date.

Thanks,

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Message 6 of 7
dandoleman

Hi,

I have been noticing this issue with Vault for quite a long time now but never really got to the bottom of it.

Has any one found a reason for why DWF's get downloaded locally when opening from Vault (explorer) or using "Get/Checkout".

Occasionally you get an error when trying to check these DWF's in.

This doesn't seem to happen when you open from Vault from within Inventor for example.

Dan

Message 7 of 7
Maxim-CADman77

One of our users (SOA) has asked me about this effect recently.

The software used:

• Vault Explorer (Pro) 2014 SR1
  • Autodesk Inventor 2014 SP1 Update 3

It is not reproducible on other PCs...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report