Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigger Thumbnails?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
abreen
551 Views, 3 Replies

Bigger Thumbnails?

Hello folks,

I'm trying to get bigger thumbnails in the preview pane so I can pick out certain assembly features without opening the files. I understand that the thumbnails saved with the files are 256x256, but in the preview pane they're only about 175x175 max. Is there any way to display them full-size in Vault Basic?

This functionality would sometimes mean the difference between finding an old job I can copy vs. starting from scratch, so it could save me a lot of time. I'm using 2013, moving up to 2014 shortly.

Thanks,

abreen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bpettus
in reply to: abreen

Have requested this before in a previous post, I should think it wouldn't be too tough to allow a "Jumbo" option for the thumbnail- maybe they will address in 2015?
Message 3 of 4
steveh4
in reply to: bpettus

You might be able to do something with the new Data Control Standard....I created my own tab for items. You can do the same with with Project Explorer too.

I put our properties in the order I want to see them and included a larger thumbnail.

You can compare the General Tab to my custom tab below...Thumbnail.png

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 4 of 4
bpettus
in reply to: abreen

Nice Steve- I will look into that, I have yet to test the new Data Control Standard.

For us, we are in 2d drawings and photo libraries most of the time, and as the previous

poster mentioned, sometimes it is nice to preview the thumbnail to discern file contents.

I just wish thumbnail display in Vault's Project Explorer was more akin to Windows Explorer

bye,

Blake

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report