Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVFS log for current date is not present. Why?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Maxim-CADman77
487 Views, 5 Replies

AVFS log for current date is not present. Why?

Autodesk Vault Pro 2014 SR1, Connected Worgroups.

I happens again and again - there is no AVFS log for current date on publisher unless IISRESET is executed.

Never saw this on any of subscribers.

What might be wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
paul.gunn
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

Hi,

The log isn't created until the server actually tries to write something to the log.

So I don't necessarily see reason for concern in what you describe, unless there is specific reason to believe there is information that should have been logged and wasn't.

Paul

Message 3 of 6

Several users (including me) have for sure logged-in to publisher at the
morning using Vault Explorer.

Thus I believe server should at least try to log the
lines .... but AVFS log started logging only in the middle of the day.

(FLEXNET does count licenses correctly).
Message 4 of 6
paul.gunn
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

Hi,

I haven't seen this behavior before. The only thing I can think of is that possibly permissions on the directory (where the logs are created) are overly restrictive. i.e. so the server is unable to create the log.  In general both the windows user for the IIS process account and vault impersonating user (by default AutodeskVault) need full read/write/create permissions to this location.

You may want to compare the directory permissions between the servers that are logging correctly and the one that isn't - to see if there are differences. Alternatively you could temporarily give broad permissions to the directory to see if that does indeed solve the problem.

Paul

Message 5 of 6

...was sure  have answered the same day...

Today  the issue repeated again. log was generated only after manual IISRESET.

The permissions to log file detination folder on publisher seems the same to permissions on subscriber (where issue was never seen).

Just in case have just added full control to IIS_IUSRS group. Will report tomorrow.

Message 6 of 6

Todays AVFSlog was created at 0:00.
If it will repeat within several days I'll mark thread as solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report