Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera vs Rendering (and maybe the environment) -3ds Max Design 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nPoika
503 Views, 4 Replies

Camera vs Rendering (and maybe the environment) -3ds Max Design 2013

Evening all! 

I'm pretty novice at 3ds max and I'm practicing with old projects. At the moment I'm trying to include a model in a photo using the environment. The environment map is set to 'screen' which is meant to prevent the issue with an offset. 

Anywho, I can't seem to get the renderer to match what appears in the Target Camera Viewport, and I have for the life of me, no idea why. Any tips and tricks would be super handy.

UCI-camera.JPG

UCI-Render.jpg

As you can see, in the camera viewport a road line can be seen at the bottom, and in the render it cannot be seen. 

If there's any more info I can provide let me know, and I'll do so asap. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PROH
in reply to: nPoika

Hi. There has been some viewport issues in 2013. Make sure you got the latest service pack/product update installed. Also, check your viewport background settings - the background should be set to "match render".

Edit: Remember to set your render output, so it has the same size or proportion as the background image.

Hope it helps.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 5
nPoika
in reply to: PROH

Thanks, I'll look into that! 

Message 4 of 5
PROH

Hi. Noticed your activity on cgarchitect.com about this issue. Your background image doesn't have the same proportions in the render and the viewport. It's either a bug, or a wrong setting somewhere that's causing this. Did you check your SP/PU version? Did you check your render and viewport background settings? What did you find out?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 5 of 5
nPoika

Hey there! I lost the original scene, but recreated it with the same basic set up. It appears the aspect ratio was the cause. Thanks for your help!

One additional question, if I am doing an architectural scene that I want photomapped with multiple renders, how do I do this effectively if there's likely to be varying aspect ratios? Is there a way of automatically setting render settings per view or do I just need to adjust it before rendering each scene.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report