Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress in reinforcement

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pringle_de_tom
668 Views, 4 Replies

Stress in reinforcement

Is there a way to find out the stress in reinforcement?

i.e. I've calculated theoretical and actual provided reinforcement for a reinforced concrete slab and need to check the bar diameter and spacing for crack control requirements (as a hand calculation).

The maximum crack width that I require is 0.2mm and as part of Eurocode checks for liquid retaining structures I need σ.s (the maximum stress in steel just before crack occurs)... is this something that can be found in the robot model?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Not possible to get stresses in steel.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Rafal.Gaweda 

is not currently possible?

Message 4 of 5
Refaat
in reply to: Alejandro.NCh

@Alejandro.NCh 

Unfortunately , yup !!!

Message 5 of 5

@Rafal.Gaweda - can I ask if it is still the case that stresses in reinforcement bars cannot be extracted from a Robot model? I would have assumed this would be available after bar sizes and spacings have been entered as 'provided reinforcement'?

The reason I ask is that, to Eurocode 2 clause 7.3.4, bar stresses must be calculated in order for the crack widths to be determined, meaning that Robot must calculate bar stresses in the background. Is there any way in which these stresses could be viewed - if not in the current version of Robot, in a future update?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report