Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel design Canadian S16-09

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
eusmor
581 Views, 7 Replies

Steel design Canadian S16-09

I'm modeling a monosymetric beam. 
I have the next message : " For bars  1   the program has not performed the lateral buckling verification. Bars were assigned such section types for which the program does not perform the lateral buckling analysis or the lateral buckling verification is not required (for example My = 0.0 - no bending)."

At detailed results Mr was calculated with Z, it should be with S. (see Canadian standard S16-09 Cl 13.6.e)

Can you help me ?

Thanks 

-- 
David Moreno
the model is attached
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: eusmor

Please make sure that when you save a user defined section in the user section database you select the correct section type and fill in geometrical data needed for calculations of a section class.

section type1.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
eusmor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I was tray with tapered equivalent section (area, I, Z, S…) and it works. But I want to know how I create and use a section built with 2 profiles (W and C).

Thanks a lot

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

The picture you inserted is not displayed correctly. Could you attach it as a compressed file?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
eusmor

The picture is attached.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Assuming the verification should be done as for standard I section you have two options:

1. Define this section as a parametric one with one of the flanges defined with thickness and width that would be equivalent for additional channel

2. Save it from the section builder module and decide what value of b and tf enter to determine the section class.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8

One more remark:

for the 1st approach you can save this section from the sections dialog in the user section database and then edit its properties so that they are exactly as calculated for the real shape of the section.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Artur.Kosakowski

I'm get similar error when I'm trying to check standard C section from default section database. The strange behavior is, for C180 it's checking lateral buckling but for higher section it's give error.  

How I can fix this issue ?

Thanks 

Mike 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report