Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shear considered in column calculations

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
eiriknor
880 Views, 9 Replies

Shear considered in column calculations

I turn on "Shear considered" when I calculate a column, but then get the message "Unsatisfactory load capasity of the column." When I look at safety factors it says VRd/VSd = 0,00, see the attached file. I guess that means VRd = 0 kN, that again means that the column have no shear capasity at all, this must be wrong?

Eirik

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: eiriknor

File please

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 10
eiriknor
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Here you go.

Message 4 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

Try to force the use of 32mm bars as main reinforcement.

32bar.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10
eiriknor

OK, that solved the problem. But isn`t this a bug? If I set the corner bars diameter to "Auto", shouldn`t Robot figure this out self?

Message 6 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski

I have checked on the pre-release version of  Robot v.2014 and it does Smiley Happy

Please note: Our quality assurance teams may need to reschedule some fixes. Please rely on the above timeline information as a guideline only and not a guarantee. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10
eiriknor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Love to hear that, keep up the good work.
Message 8 of 10

I'm having the same issue, whereby Vsd=0.00 and it doesnt really matter what reinforcement I put in.

The 'bug' is still persistent in Robot 2015...it seems.

Is there any quick way around it?

I've got quite a big file with all the rc design and a lot of combinations, so trying different reinforcement arrangement is very time consuming.

Message 9 of 10

Could you attach the file with the column where you have such situation. To reduce the size of the model you can save the part of the model which contains the column as a substructure (mind to have both the model and the column calculated before saving a substructure). 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 10

Substructure model available @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5ijlnzwtvosstx/column.rtd?dl=0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report