Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial deformation (global)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mikibierzo1973
805 Views, 1 Reply

Initial deformation (global)

Hi all!

I consider an initial deformation of the overall structure of the example.
I would like to have some simple (single column, or single frame) I understand its use.

Thank you for all.

Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Imagine a cantilevered perfectly vertical column with vertical axial load at its top. If you look at the deformation it is only the shortening of the column. If you run buckling analysis of such column the shape of the buckling mode is different - column moves sideways.

What you can do is top replace the original 'shape' of the model with the one that resembles the shape of the selected buckling mode (e.g. mode 2). If you apply the same vertical load on such deformed model (case 2) you can see that there are some additional side movement of the column due to this vertical load. In the example the max. horizontal 'deformation' of the column is assumed as 1 cm. If you check the value of the horizontal outplacement of node 3 for case 2 you can see it is 1.3 cm.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report