Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in unilateral linear release

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bjornhgr
601 Views, 4 Replies

Error in unilateral linear release

Hi.

I have a small test model as shown in the picture that I can't seem to get to work properly. When activating a load in the positive z-direction I expect the wall to separate from the slab due to the linear release definition that SHOULD release UY+ (local) displacement. This works well if I use the linear tab (release both UY+ and UY-), but not when I use the unilateral tab. Can anyone explain where I've gone wrong? (Model attached)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: bjornhgr

Am I missing something?

My results:

uyplus.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 5
bjornhgr

Really? Seems I'm the one missing something here. My results:

2012-12-04_121036.png

Are there other, "more correct", ways of showing displacements for panels? Or could I have some settings all wrong? To me it seesms our results should be identical? I'm using Robot 2012, but I suppose (and hope) the results are the same in 2013?! I'll try that, just to have done it.

The reason I made this test model was that I got similar results in a larger model I'm working on. That was on another computer, so I can't really see that my computer (or my settings) sholud be the problem...

-Bjørn

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

Pressing ESC without checking the calculation log can be dangerous :-).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
bjornhgr

Yes! Thanks a lot. Lots of handy options in that parameters dialog box. I'm new to non-linear analyses in Robot, so I haven't really had the time to get to know all the features yet. This forum is awesome though. I've pointed several of my colleagues here, and in many cases the support here is faster (and just as good) than the one we pay for, so thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report