Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall detail level

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AJA14
413 Views, 4 Replies

wall detail level

Hi there. When I draw a wall with mtl studs in a structural template, i can't see the details even when switching to medium or fine level and change the discipline to architectural. But if I draw my wall in an architectural template, I can see the wall layers when switching to medium or fine even when I switch my discipline to structural. Any ideas. 

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
5kings
in reply to: AJA14

Is the wall in your structural template exactly the same one as in your structural family ?

Message 3 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: 5kings

Yes. If i draw it in the architectural template I can see the details when switching to medium or fine detail. but in a structural template I can't regardless of what I do (even when changing the discipline to the structural). I think it has to do with visibility settings of the structural templates. Any ideas.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 4 of 5
5kings

Can you show me the type properties of the wall? Or group 1 wall, and save the group as an rvt. send me the files and I'll check it out.

Message 5 of 5
Joe.Charpentier

Is your view cutting the wall?

You will not see layers of a wall unless it intersects the cut plane of the view (plan or section).

In an architectural template, the default wall draws from the level up, and the cut plane is at 4'-0" or so above the level, and the view depth is limted to the level.

In a structural template walls draw from the level down,  the cut plane is about a foot above the level and extends below the level so you can see what is "supporting" the level.

Regards,

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report