Revit Structure

Message 1 of 3 (316 Views)

Worksharing problems with Create New Local copy

316 Views, 2 Replies
03-02-2013 08:39 AM

Hello everybody I have a problem with worksharing.

I create a central model of my project (actually an empty file), and when I try to create new local copy I can from my computer but when try to create a new local copy from other computer (both computers are in network) the option is gray and I can't select the option. The computer that has the problem has Revit in Spanish... I attach a picture of the problem...

Please somebody can help me...

Employee
Joe.Charpentier
Message 2 of 3 (284 Views)

Re: Worksharing problems with Create New Local copy

03-04-2013 12:06 PM in reply to: robinhovr

It looks like you already copied the central file to your desktop.

The act of copying the file automatically makes it a new local.  The location (usually a network location) of a file is encoded into the file.  When you are opening it, Revit checks to make sure the file is in its original location (that is, the file you are opening is the actual Central File).

Since this has been moved/copied already, and is a local, you no longer have the option of making a new local through the open dialog.

Joe

Message 3 of 3 (278 Views)

Re: Worksharing problems with Create New Local copy

03-04-2013 01:03 PM in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Joe

Thanks so much

The problem was the network drive. I didn't put the file in a network drive instead of that I put the file in a share folder that's why I couldn't create a local copy...I could solve the problem creating a network drive...it works really good...

Thanks for your help...and time...

Adrian

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube