Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Compatability with Rvt Arch 2008?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Dan.Dominik
221 Views, 3 Replies

Version Compatability with Rvt Arch 2008?

Hello all,

First off, I know there is no rev compatability in Revit; we've got a different question:

I'm with an architectural firm currently using several seats of Revit. We have v9, 9.1, and now 2008 in use on projects due to various consultants' versions. The reseller that provided our original 9.0 seats indicated in a recent meeting that Revit Arch 2008 would not share data with the "latest" version of Revit Structure. This reseller stated that we must use 9.1 if we plan to share Revit data with a structural engineer using Revit Structure, even the latest release.

Can some of those on this board who are versed in Rvt Struct confirm or elaborate on any incompatabilities between 2008 releases? This info surprised me considering the near parallel release of the two products (and the reseller in question has misinformed us on other issues already).

Thanks for any info.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Who is your reseller? They are completely wrong.
The new naming conventions should make things simple: Revit data can be exchanged back an forth only between the same versions, in this case, r2008 of both Revit Structure and Revit Architecture.

Of course, you can always open older versions or Revit files in the latest version- but once that data is upgrade, there is no going back. If you followed your reseller's advice, with you working in 9.1 and your structural engineer working in r2008, you would not be able to re-import his data into your file in 9.1.

Joe
Message 3 of 4
Dan.Dominik
in reply to: Dan.Dominik

I'm not sure it'd go over well to post the name, but I already went back to a past reseller who served us well with other firms. Aside from the suspicious info on Arch vs Structure 2008, I was also told by this rep that there would never be a 64-bit version of Acad or Revit (false, of course).

Glad to hear that matching release years work together (at least generally). Thanks for the reply.
Message 4 of 4
chuchumouth
in reply to: Dan.Dominik

Thank you very much Joe for clarifying this compatibility issue.

Dear "sddjd", I am also glad that you made a right choice to go back to your previous reseller who can serve and give you proper guidance.

In any case, please feel free to contact me directly (wai.chu@autodesk.com) so that we can discuss how to "educate" better this confused reseller so that they can better serve and help other valuable customer like you in the future.

Best Regards and awaiting for your email 🙂

Wai Chu (wai.chu@autodesk.com)
Revit Structure Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report