Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "encountered an improper argument"

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
moro.negro
12475 Views, 7 Replies

Re: "encountered an improper argument"

when i click on edit family for tha mass i selcted the revit is closing suddenly and give me this window "encountered improper argument" I am using revit 2014 please try to help me 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
subhra_civil
in reply to: moro.negro

Hi,

I have studied over your problem. But I have not faced this type of problem. Please can you send me your Revit File or images where you have faced such like problem?

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 3 of 8
moro.negro

Ensure Revit is updated. Ensure the certified graphics driver is installed (if the card is certified), and that the latest driver is installed (if not using a certified card). Repair: Chick Control Panel > Add-Remove Programs > Find Revit > Repair. Restore Uistate.dat: Exit Revit, Open Windows Explorer, Browse to C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014\, Rename the file UiState.dat to UiState.bak. Start Revit.

Message 4 of 8
edanastas

I tried this but it didn't work until I also renamed revit.ini to revit.bak as well.
Message 5 of 8
ken
Observer
in reply to: edanastas

Open the directory C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014 and edit the Revit.ini file.

Scroll down to the recent file History and delete all the entries  eg File1:C:\Users\Username\document\filename.rvt {This string represents the Recent File Location History} which are currupt.

Message 6 of 8
LWsys

I've seen something similar, perhaps you may try

-close Revit sessions.

-text edit the affected version revit ini file from the affected user account from this location

\\workstation\c$\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 20xx\

-within the revit.ini file

scroll to this entry 

E.g

[Recent File List]
File1=..................rvt
File2=.............Roller Shutter.rfa
File3=..............rfa
File4=............................rfa
File8=.............................rfa

check that the files are numbered sequentially, corrected it to make it in running order e.g in our case, the File4 skipped to File8, rename File8 to File5

File1=..................rvt
File2=.............Roller Shutter.rfa
File3=..............rfa
File4=............................rfa
File5=.............................rfa

save the changes. try running the Revit program again.

Message 7 of 8
w.adam.bim

JUST DELETE REVIT.INI AND RESTART YOUR REVIT

Message 8 of 8
steven.berger

Forget all that computer nonsense. (we're designers for god's sake...When are we going to get a stable product!)

try opening it from File Explorer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report