Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC export problem with elevations

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
grace_yamamoto
943 Views, 5 Replies

IFC export problem with elevations

When I export my model into IFC format, and then open the IFC file in Bentley or Navisworks, the columns are at the wrong elevation. They look 2 or 3 stories below the rest of the building. Other elements are exporting at the correct elevation.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm currently working around it by exporting the model as a DWG, and using another program to then translate the dwg into an IFC.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

What version of Revit are you using?

As an experiment, you could try setting the top and bottom of the columns to levels, isntead of having offsets from levels. If that is not working, could you post a file with examples?

Joe
Message 3 of 6

I'm using Revit Structure 4.
I set the column base and top level contraints so that there were no offsets, and this didn't help the ifc. The exported ifc seems to be setting the bottom of the columns at elevation 0'-0" rather than the actual base level of around +54'. I've attached the ifc model since I can't seem to get my rvt model under the 1.5 mg attachment limit. I've also attached a picture of the ifc model in Navisworks in the next post.
Message 4 of 6

View of exported IFC model in Navisworks and view of Revit model in Revit Structure.
Message 5 of 6

You should be able to post the Revit file in the Customer Files forum:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=126

I can see that there are errors with the IFC file itself- It would be helpful to have the original geometry.

Thanks,
Joe
Message 6 of 6

Have you check the Building History of your Levels?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report