Revit Structure

Contributor
Message 1 of 6 (208 Views)

Detail Component Question

208 Views, 5 Replies
10-29-2009 11:01 AM
Hello-
I was hoping maybe someone could help me with a problem I am having.
I'm trying to bring in detail components in Revit Structure 2009. I have a hook anchor bolt in - 3/4". I wanted to place a different size & I have no other sizes. I opened the family & tried loading it into my project - it seemed like it did something but still no other sizes. this is also happening with rebar detail components that I've been trying to put in.
Any ideas why this is happening or what I can do to fix it?
thanks a bunch.
Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (207 Views)

Re: Detail Component Question

11-04-2009 09:11 AM in reply to: draftin
Hi again-

No ideas at all???
Contributor
Message 3 of 6 (207 Views)

11-04-2009 12:21 PM in reply to: draftin
Did you load the family from the detail component floder that was supplied with revit? If so then do this, right click on the anchor bolt and click on element properties. in the element properties dialogue box click the down arrow next to type. all of the available sizes should be in there.
Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (207 Views)

11-05-2009 02:36 PM in reply to: draftin
Hello-

Thanks for answering. Yes, I did load the family from the detail component library that came with Revit. When I do the element properties like you said - there is still only the one size. I've noticed this with both the bolts & some of the rebar & I have no idea why.
Message 5 of 6 (207 Views)

11-12-2009 04:05 PM in reply to: draftin
Create a separate Family Type for each size inside the Detail Component family, setting the bolt diameter accordingly within every Family Type.
Contributor
Message 6 of 6 (207 Views)

11-13-2009 08:39 AM in reply to: draftin
This is a detail component that came with Revit and there are already separate family types in the family - they are just not coming in when I load it into my project and I have no idea why.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube