Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't interface between Revit 2013 and ASD 2010 [STUDENT]

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dvol002
988 Views, 6 Replies

Can't interface between Revit 2013 and ASD 2010 [STUDENT]

Hello,

I can't seem to get the Autodesk Revit 2013 to work with AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2010. I'd have downloaded the 2013 version of ASD but 2010 is the latest available (and only in 32 bit, which causes its own issues). When I click the "Extensions>AutoCAD Structural Detailing>Steel Drawing Link",  I get this error:

"The required AutoCAD Structural Detailing version is not installed, detected or set as default".

I'd like to be able to use the two together as that is what is available for students. However it would be infinetely more awesome if ASD 2013 was available (in 64 bit).

Thanking you very much.
Dmitry.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brencass22
in reply to: dvol002

I have saw this with every new release since 2010 that you have to have the same version between all softwares eg revit 2013, revit 2013 extensions and asd 2013 for it all to work and link together.

I have also found that you cannot back date the linking but if you do not want any linking back into revit. you could always use the export to asd then choose to save it as a dwg file instead of the automatically opening of the file within asd.

then you do what you require but cannot export it back into revit which is a shame.

Message 3 of 7
KateMorricalTowne

Where are you getting your software? The student community usually has the latest releases (although I can't swear to this, as I don't have a student account), 

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 4 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

the student community doesn't have ASD 2013 only 2010 and 2012

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
dvol002
in reply to: brencass22

Thank you all for your comments.

Looks like I'll just have to try and do a one way export from Revit to ASD and monitor the files manually.

A bit of a shame though, since I'd want to learn as much as I can while I am a student and not use workarounds, so that when I go work for a firm, I can make them money.

I'll try asking AutoDesk to provide a 2013 version but we'll see how far I get with that.

Another idea I guess is to create the family/object inside Revit to begin with and do all the detailing there. However I am still new so I'm not sure if Revit can handle that much detail. This makes sense to me more organizationally wise.

Message 6 of 7
brencass22

What are you trying to do because you can do reinforcement within revit and some basic steel connections 

Message 7 of 7
dvol002
in reply to: brencass22

Thanks for the tip. I might just have to revert to that.

I was also hoping on building some custom add-ins, but the problem with the student edition is that I don't have access to the list of available add ons. So I might be reinventing the wheel in places.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report