Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules go crazy when exporting to CAD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stevenmathias1
193 Views, 2 Replies

Schedules go crazy when exporting to CAD

I'm working on exporting a set to CAD, but have a big issue with the way our keynotes are exporting. We have a keynote schedule on each sheet that shows fine in Revit, but when it's exported to CAD, the text does not stay within the outline box. For some reason the text elements are set to be wider than the box. I heard that exporting overrides can cause text to do funny things, but I've switched to not exporting overrides, and that doesn't fixt the issue. I'm sure someone has had this problem before, but I can't find anything on it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: stevenmathias1

Hello and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Revit and AutoCAD are quite different, and perfect translation is not really possible. Are the fonts being converted to an incorrect Style in AutoCAD? If not, then perhaps you can force it to export the correct by adjusting the settings under Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup » Text & Fonts tab.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
stevenmathias1
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks. I have the fonts set up and they are exporting to the correct style. I'd still like to know the answer to this, but if all else fails I will simply remove the box around the keynotes and move it away from the edge of the sheet that it is spilling over.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report