Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Pipe Spud/Taps

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Schmit01
5056 Views, 11 Replies

Revit 2014 Pipe Spud/Taps

Hey All

Jeeze been a while since my last post, works been crazy!!

Anyway on to the issue at hand. Is anybody else that uses pipe spuds/taps having issues in 2014? it worked perfectly fine in 2013. The pipe I draw off of a main is fine, however the tap itself always smaller. 

Ive tried making a new part from scratch however get the same result.

Regadrs 

Ryan Smit 

Revit 2014

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Schmit01

Welcome back! Have you investigate the Family to make sure that the Lookup Tables are being correctly referenced? That workflow has been changed in Revit 2014, so maybe something was lost in translation? I believe the Lookup Table references are dictated by the Family files, now.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 12
Schmit01
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hey Corey 

The look table is referenced correctly. I can manually go change the ND of the tap and the lookup table will pick up the correct pipe OD. 

Again it worked perfectly in 2013. My other custom fitting and their lookup tables are working fine.

Regadrs  

Edit: The really anoying part is I can go change a number of the taps to the correct size however should I change the main feed they are attatched to, they revert back to their original "incorrect' size.

Message 4 of 12
abulla

Are your lookup tables in a non-default location? I would check the revit.ini files and check the lookup file path too.

Revit uses 2 versions of the Revit.ini file:
•UserDataCache folder: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\<product and release>\UserDataCache
•User Profile folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\<product name and release>
Message 5 of 12
Schmit01
in reply to: abulla

Thanks for the input Abulla.

Both .ini file are the same. I specifically specified the lookup table location on installation, and for reference its on my local. No network locations. Ive even reloaded the table into the family. 

Again all my other custom pipe families are working correctly. Its only the pipe tap.

Regadrs 

Message 6 of 12
Chris.Aquino

To help troubleshoot this issue, can you please upload a copy of the family with which you are seeing the behavior?

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 7 of 12
Schmit01

Hi Chris

Thanks for the follow up. 

I have attatched the 2013 version as well as the look up table.

Thanks 

Ryan Smit

South Africa

Message 8 of 12
Chris.Aquino

The issue is that the Lookup Table specified in 2014 is shown as "Pipe Spud Steel", whereas 2013 shows it as "Pipe Spud Steel.csv". Adding the file format to 2014 fixes the issue.

Here are screenshots:

2013: http://screencast.com/t/hdYsY9L5x

2014: http://screencast.com/t/hvwmlJ96f

Please let me know if this works for you.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 9 of 12
Schmit01
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Hi Chris

Thanks for looking into this. 

From what I can tell, 2014 no longer uses the the file extention. I have have looked at my current working families as well as the generic onces supplied with Revit 2014, none of which have the file extention. 

When I try to adding the extenstion as per your suggestion, I get an "invalid formula" error. 

Regards

Ryan Smit

South Africa

Message 10 of 12
Chris.Aquino

I got that error too. I just hit close, then Ok, and the fitting seemed to work for me.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 11 of 12
Schmit01

Hey Chris

Im having no such luck. Would you be kind enough to attach the family you edited. Maybe Ive missed something.

Regards 

Ryan Smit

South Africa

Message 12 of 12
traka33

Bonjour,

Tester celui là ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report