We have a project that is a renovation project. The arch has done a good job providing walls that are correctly phased as demo/new. However I cannot find a way to place my content as 'demo' content. I can only seem to place it in the new work plan then change the phase. Is there any way to pre-define the phase settings before you place families/types?
The current process is this:
1) in the demo plan, place your content
2) it shows on the screen and allows you to locate it, but the instant you click to place, you get the Revit lower-right corner dialog that says your content is not displayed in this view
3) switch to a new work plan and find the 'floating' content (because it was hosted to a demo wall that doesnt show on the new work plan)
4) change the phase of the content so it disappears from the demo plan
5) switch back to the demo plan, tag/annotate the content you just placed.
Seems convoluted. Anybody have a better process?
Striving to be a WOMBAT, Waste Of Money, Brains, & Talent...
⁞|⁞ Please use the Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you!
When an element is placed, it is assigned a Phase Created based upon the Phase of the current View, and is NOT assigned a Phase Demolished (hence considered 'new'). Since a Demo View's current Phase is "New Construction", and the Phase Filter turns off New Elements, the newly placed elements appear to vanish.
When setting up initial views, I recommend creating three per floor - Existing, Demolition, and New Construction, with these settings.
Existing Existing Show Complete Place ALL existing elements here.
Demo New Construction Show Previous + Demo Set the desired existing elements to Demolished.
New New Construction Show Previous + New Place ALL new elements here.
The process will be to draw all of the existing elements in an Existing View and then navigate to a Demo View to mark the desired elements as Demolished.
Corey D. ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── ⁞|⁞ Please use .Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!